Video: Stephen Jones on Gerald McCoy Out For 2020 Season

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I fail to understand in what fantasy land you think this is happening. The Bengals are depth poor at DT. They already lost Billings to an opt out. They are not cutting Atkins.

Why would you hope for something to happen that is unlikely.

These are not the days of June 1stmas when players like La'Roi Glover get cut so we can scoop them up.

It's stated in my post why there may be a possibility. The word hope is key in my post. Roster cuts will be happening so there may be something to look at when that happens.

Maybe even a trade which Stephen jones didn't sound was a likely thing but things change when availability occurs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Woods is a one
He should have took out Poe
not really they can be interchagbale todays NFL does not lock any player into one postion, ie position flex..

they wont look for an outside help, time to let MM and Nolans staff develop Hill and Neville, until then Crawford will be needed once again to help out..

conner01

Reaction score
not really they can be interchagbale todays NFL does not lock any player into one postion, ie position flex..

they wont look for an outside help, time to let MM and Nolans staff develop Hill and Neville, until then Crawford will be needed once again to help out..
If hill can be resurrected that would be huge
I like the effort Neville plays with and liked the pick
But sure was nice having a proven player with huge skill there

blueblood70

Reaction score
If hill can be resurrected that would be huge
I like the effort Neville plays with and liked the pick
But sure was nice having a proven player with huge skill there
resurrected seriously the guy was rookie he hasn't been developed yet, you have to be good and fall to be resurrected. he was never truly given a chance got in the dog house and he needed this fresh start more then anyone...he and Neville will benefit from the new staff and the focus on the DL this year..

let me be clear, HILL WAS NOT BUT, WE HAVE ZERO ISDEA WHO HE IS, one year doesnt make your career as you have to be given a true chance to develop and learn, not everyone comes ready to to be pro from college the coaches draft you have to be teachers, not impatient DBs that just pout you in dog hose and forget you.. its why Richard and Marinelli are gone, they didnt have the patience for your players needing development..

Hill was a wasted pic in many eyes but that on coaches for picking him high and just leaving him sit..

conner01

Reaction score
resurrected seriously the guy was rookie he hasn't been developed yet, you have to be good and fall to be resurrected. he was never truly given a chance got in the dog house and he needed this fresh start more then anyone...he and Neville will benefit from the new staff and the focus on the DL this year..

let me be clear, HILL WAS NOT BUT, WE HAVE ZERO ISDEA WHO HE IS, one year doesnt make your career as you have to be given a true chance to develop and learn, not everyone comes ready to to be pro from college the coaches draft you have to be teachers, not impatient DBs that just pout you in dog hose and forget you.. its why Richard and Marinelli are gone, they didnt have the patience for your players needing development..

Hill was a wasted pic in many eyes but that on coaches for picking him high and just leaving him sit..
He was a rookie
But learning curve or physical limitations were not the problem
Hill has talent and has the physical ability
It’s not about developing him
It’s about getting him motivated to be what he can be
That was his problem in college and last year
A rookie heeding to learn or bulk up is normal part of developing a guy
Hill doesn’t have those problems

blueblood70

Reaction score
He was a rookie
But learning curve or physical limitations were not the problem
Hill has talent and has the physical ability
It’s not about developing him
It’s about getting him motivated to be what he can be
That was his problem in college and last year
A rookie heeding to learn or bulk up is normal part of developing a guy
Hill doesn’t have those problems
BS i disagree some rookies adjusting to scheme , pace, and the way a pro carry's himself is Taught. Coaches teach they let players down like Hill because yes he as immature..he does need to develop, again not all players come in pro ready..jeez man where you been not every qb , wr or cb/lb etc come in and what the coach says lets bulk up and you be ready..no they develop their skills further how to apply to current schemes etc etc..Marinelli didnt have the patience for him and left him to rot.

its called having the light come on and it takes some players longer..they call them late bloomers it happens..

conner01

Reaction score
BS i disagree some rookies adjusting to scheme , pace, and the way a pro carry's himself is Taught. Coaches teach they let players down like Hill because yes he as immature..he does need to develop, again not all players come in pro ready..jeez man where you been not every qb , wr or cb/lb etc come in and what the coach says lets bulk up and you be ready..no they develop their skills further how to apply to current schemes etc etc..Marinelli didnt have the patience for him and left him to rot.

its called having the light come on and it takes some players longer..they call them late bloomers it happens..
Physically he can play
Talent is there
The question is heart and desire
I guess some can be taught that but tons of draft busts come from heart and desire, many more than talent
I’m hoping he gets going because it’s huge if he can be the future there

jnday

Reaction score
I don.’the think losing McCoy is going to hurt the defense very much . If was playing at the same level that he was playing ten years ago, it would be a huge loss.