Twitter: Stephen Jones on KRLD - 09/23/13

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 11m
Stephen Jones on KRLD says Cole Beasley best suited to replace Austin production in slot, just in case.
Stephen reasoning: Williams an outside guy, Harris can go inside and outside. Leaves Beasley for inside work.

Stephen jones on KRLD 'The Fan' says barring something unforeseen, Spencer should be available and contribute against chargers.

On romo-hatcher, Stephen Jones tells KRLD he also 'doesn't believe' Hatcher called out Romo.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sit Spencer another week.

Just use him in spot duty early in the year and increase his work in December.

Smith22

Reaction score
Use a combo of Beasley/Harris and give Miles some time to recover.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Do the Joneses purposefully talk to the media early to beat Jason each week?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
This hatcher romo thing is such bs.

Little Albert breer jr really is a dope for putting that out there as fact.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
And to think I was ready for the son to take over from the Dad. Is this guy EVER right?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
And to think I was ready for the son to take over from the Dad. Is this guy EVER right?

This is why I will believe Ratliff returns to play a game for Cowboys only when I actually see it. I have no idea what is going on, but there is more than a mild groin injury keeping him off the field. It's a shame because he could really help the team.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Yes it is part of their devious plan to discredit the evil ginger even though they continue to stand behind him and say his job is safe.

<cue over the top evil music> MUHAHAHA!

You left out the Muhahaha so I fixed it for you. No charge. :)

Doomsay

Reaction score
Man, if Spencer has chance to heal, don't play him until he has fully recovered.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
i am confused

is spencer available or out for the year?
It was reported TODAY that he is out for the year. But Stephen Jones said YESTERDAY that Spencer would be available against the Chargers unless something "unforeseen" happened. Well he did not hurt his knee Monday night....so this tells me the Cowboys doctor and Spencer's personaly physician (assuming he has one) are not on the same page.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Does this hurt his free agent money or not affect it really. I'm really disappointed. I didn't want to franchise him but once we did I'd hoped we would get the spencer looking to cash in. Instead we got the "Ratliff" Spencer, you know, the one who gets paid and then is "injured" for most of his contract?

Doomsay

Reaction score
It was reported TODAY that he is out for the year. But Stephen Jones said YESTERDAY that Spencer would be available against the Chargers unless something "unforeseen" happened. Well he did not hurt his knee Monday night....so this tells me the Cowboys doctor and Spencer's personaly physician (assuming he has one) are not on the same page.

Assumed it was a new thread, obviously not. Strange that the two sides would be so divergent in a one day time frame.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Well atleast we didn't sign him long term. Those microfracture issues are a career killer. Feel bad for Spenc in his contract year. He'll be out for > 12 months.

conner01

Reaction score
Man, if Spencer has chance to heal, don't play him until he has fully recovered.

my understanding is it won't heal on it's own. to actually fix the problem he needs micro fracture surgery. he can play thru the pain and if there is no swelling he can continue to play as long as he can handle the pain and it does'nt swell up from inflamation. just something he has to decide to have surgery now and end his season or play thru and have in the off season

Doomsay

Reaction score
my understanding is it won't heal on it's own. to actually fix the problem he needs micro fracture surgery. he can play thru the pain and if there is no swelling he can continue to play as long as he can handle the pain and it does'nt swell up from inflamation. just something he has to decide to have surgery now and end his season or play thru and have in the off season

He's decided to take his $20 million and sit it out.