Recap: Stephen Jones on Mad Dog Radio

coult44

Reaction score
Stephen Jones about to be live on Mad Dog Radio's Schein On Sports. I will try to post a few quotes...

coult44

Reaction score
Stephen Jones about to be live on Mad Dog Radio's Schein On Sports. I will try to post a few quotes...

"Defense not as skilled as rest of NFL , but fresh and hungry"

"DM, needs breaks from Dunbar and Randle"

"Zach Martin was a group effort, JJ signed off"

"Anytime you have a great QB like Romo, your tempted to throw the ball more"

"Linehan managing recipe for entire offense"

"Balance offense won't change"

"Big key to year so far was sticking to run and coming back against Rams"

"We haven't reset goals, division 1st, "

"We are happy to have high class problems in needing to re-sign JG, DM, and Dez"

"Losing Sean was a gut shot, but RO is a guy we felt like is a top ten pick, we have him, and he's the defensive leader on team"

"RO, has evolved. Was not in good shape, made a decision he wanted to play football, is now confident. Has made his mark in meeting rooms as much as in field. He's comfortable in being a Cowboy"

"Wasn't room for Sam, needs to make a commitment to special teams, has a future but needs to commit."

"Huge expectations for D-Law, getting hurt was best thing ever for him, will be better team once he's out there"

"Romo has tremendous passion, if you wanted Johnny it was clear it would be for backup role only"

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
"Huge expectations for D-Law, getting hurt was best thing ever for him, will be better team once he's out there"

Did they elaborate more on this?

Im guessing it's because he got to spend more time on the weights and learning the defense?

coult44

Reaction score

Im guessing it's because he got to spend more time on the weights and learning the defense?

Exactly what he said. He was able to live in the wight room.

morasp

Reaction score
"We are happy to have high class problems in needing to re-sign JG, DM, and Dez"

I hope they understand the importance of re-signing RM as well.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score

I hope they understand the importance of re-signing RM as well.

I think two players that will definitely be re-signed are Dez and DM.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score

"Losing Sean was a gut shot, but RO is a guy we felt like is a top ten pick, we have him, and he's the defensive leader on team"

"RO, has evolved. Was not in good shape, made a decision he wanted to play football, is now confident. Has made his mark in meeting rooms as much as in field. He's comfortable in being a Cowboy"

"Wasn't room for Sam, needs to make a commitment to special teams, has a future but needs to commit."

"Romo has tremendous passion, if you wanted Johnny it was clear it would be for backup role only"

Good point about Ro not being in shape. The possibilities are endless once he does.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score

I think two things, one the weight lifting, two the development with patience. He gets to redshirt his first 8 games and become a thoughtful player, then start to put it on the field.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I also think most rookies hit a wall week 10-13 not to mention the bigger guys tend to get lighter. D-Law should not hit that rookie wall until after the SB if we make it.

morasp

Reaction score
I think two things, one the weight lifting, two the development with patience. He gets to redshirt his first 8 games and become a thoughtful player, then start to put it on the field.

Being off the first 8 games should also help him avoid the wall that rookies run into late in the season.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I also think most rookies hit a wall week 10-13 not to mention the bigger guys tend to get lighter. D-Law should not hit that rookie wall until after the SB if we make it.

Sack us all the way into superbowl against Denver
HIt Wall
Get outshined by the greater DeMarcus

:(

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thanks for the recap.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score

How bout we let Dlaw himself elaborate for you.

“I feel like I put on at least 10 pounds basically just working out every day. That’s all I could do,” Lawrence said. “I feel like I’ve gotten a lot stronger and in some way I feel like I ain’t lost my step either. It’s a good feeling I have about coming back.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-cowb...emarcus-lawrence-cowboys-excited-about-return

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score