Recap: Stephen Jones on The Fan - 12/8/15

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jeff Cavanaugh ‏@JC1053 32m32 minutes ago
"I think it's a matter of just getting his timing down. Dez hasn't played a lot of football this year" - S. Jones on how 2 get 88 ball more
"I think obviously we're looking for answers, and the big thing we're looking for is turnovers" - Stephen Jones on seeing more blitzes.
"He's not only a great football player, at the end of the day he's our leader" - Stephen Jones on Sean Lee
"It's really easy to second guess play calls when they aren't successful" - Stephen Jones on 12398 TEs and no 88 on 3rd and goal play.
"I don't think we're necessarily telling Matt not to go downfield. It's a matter of him being comfortable" - Stephen on Cassel.
"Overall I think the health of our team other than the obvious (Romo) is good going to Green Bay" - Stephen Jones

Mark Lane ‏@therealmarklane 32m32 minutes ago
On @1053thefan, Stephen Jones reiterates that Dez Bryant hasn't had a lot of practice. He imagines him getting better and better.
the offense obviously isn't in great shape, but they hope they can improve.
Sean Lee's energy was most notable last night. Even in adversity, he was rallying the troops.
Sean Lee is not only a great football player, but he's the #Cowboys leader.
Scott Linehan is still feeling out Matt Cassel.
the #Cowboys are going to get better on third down and offensive success will come.
Scott Linehan is one of the best play callers int he game and he foresees the offense improving.
it's unfortunate the way the #Cowboys defense played that they were unable to get turnovers.
Matt Cassel plays more in this offense, he may throw downfield more.
the #Cowboys came out good healthwise last night.
"We're as healthy as we've been."
it has been hard to predict the NFL this year.
the one thing he keeps in mind about the 4-8 #Cowboys is they are fighting, competing all 4 quarters.
the #Cowboys are going to go out and compete against the #Packers Sunday and see what happens.

Cas2800

Reaction score
Dez need to make sure hes attending all practices.......and maybe even spending extra time after practice with Cassel. We are going to need him it we have any chance at all.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Cassel in week 2 was a snafu. That trend continues in the QB room.

Even if he had come in and learned the offense with the rest of the team that still would have been a significant challenge. Seems Stephen understands full well his part in the QB conundrum. I have always respected his methods in that regard.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Say what you want about Garrett, but this team does not quit.

I am a skeptic as far as this staff's ability to strategize, adapt to changing personnel, and adjust playcalling as games dictate (feel for the game), but the team does not quit which the coaches deserve credit for. I'm glad they were able to inflict a heart-breaking loss instead of being dealt it.

sportsman

Reaction score
I am a skeptic as far as this staff's ability to strategize, adapt to changing personnel, and adjust playcalling as games dictate (feel for the game), but the team does not quit which the coaches deserve credit for. I'm glad they were able to inflict a heart-breaking loss instead of being dealt it.

I am always glad when we beat the Deadskins. But this team management & coaches failed the fans this season.