Stephen Jones on Tyron

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
He's going nowhere.

Here's Tyron,
200w.gif

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The longer this goes the more i think he is coming back....My guess is there is more money for him to make with another team, but is another team basically going to let him skip 90% of practices?
POST OF THE ENTIRE DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! Lol all this veteran time off etc etc, how does that really affect the team getting ready for games and building chemistry with the other lineman out on the field. Sure he knows his job, but if you can't practice, always need a day off, man bye!!!!

jujoboys

Reaction score
One thing I will say about Tyron Smith is that he did the Cowboys right with his first contract coming off his rookie contract. He signed an 8 year $97 million contract that ran from 2016-23. He could have easily forced Dallas into a 3 or 4 year contract at the time so he can turn around again and get another max contract. Also, there was only $22 million guaranteed in that contract so Dallas could have dumped him in the 3rd year. I wish all of our star players gave us team friendly deals like that. Are you listening Dak? lol

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
One thing I will say about Tyron Smith is that he did the Cowboys right with his first contract coming off his rookie contract. He signed an 8 year $97 million contract that ran from 2016-23. He could have easily forced Dallas into a 3 or 4 year contract at the time so he can turn around again and get another max contract. Also, there was only $22 million guaranteed in that contract so Dallas could have dumped him in the 3rd year. I wish all of our star players gave us team friendly deals like that. Are you listening Dak? lol
That's what pisses me off actually.

We had a future HOF'er on the roster for portions of his prime at a bargain, and did nothing with it.

For once, the Jones family nailed the contract (yes, even considering the injuries), and we were still CAP strapped for years following.

Make it make sense.