Video: Stephen Jones On Why The Cowboys Passed On Linderbaum, Day 2 Trade Up Potential | K&C Masterpiece

baltcowboy

Reaction score
"Smith had more value.........."

Okay. I buy that but let me finish his thought....... Smith "has more value" b/c we are thin on the OL and we would rather have a guy who can play 2-3 positions than upgrade one.

This kind of thinking is how you continually build teams that can't compete in January. The OL is worse now than it was in January. At least, Linderbaum would have upgraded a spot of weakness on the OL. Tyler doesn't upgrade a healthy Tyron Smith or a veteran G like Connor Williams........... don't even get me started on Steele.
It is worse now no doubt but by the end of the season with the development of Tyler Smith, Steele and the center the line could be better then last seasons by the end of the year. I trust the young guys to improve more then Conner Williams and La’el did last season. I don’t expect anyone to get suspended for skipping drug tests and bribe testers.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is worse now no doubt but by the end of the season with the development of Tyler Smith, Steele and the center the line could be better then last seasons by the end of the year. I trust the young guys to improve more then Conner Williams and La’el did last season. I don’t expect anyone to get suspended for skipping drug tests and bribe testers.

La El was a bonehead. But he was a talented bonehead and the best run blocking RT in the league. Every year is a new chapter and I doubt he was going to repeat the suspension. I just hope Steele doesn't get Dak killed. I have no idea on Tyler......... I guess he's a G now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
"Smith had more value.........."

Okay. I buy that but let me finish his thought....... Smith "has more value" b/c we are thin on the OL and we would rather have a guy who can play 2-3 positions than upgrade one.

This kind of thinking is how you continually build teams that can't compete in January. The OL is worse now than it was in January. At least, Linderbaum would have upgraded a spot of weakness on the OL. Tyler doesn't upgrade a healthy Tyron Smith or a veteran G like Connor Williams........... don't even get me started on Steele.

They obviously see this guy as the next LT. But he is going to start out at guard where they have the biggest need at the moment and he can move over there when Tyron Smith is gone. Probably in a year or two.

This kid is actually similar to Tyron Smith with athleticism. The kid is a monster with a big mean streak. Smart kid. It looks like a great pick to me if this kid will really become our LT.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

The line is already better then it was last year. T Smith will be much better than Williams. Steele played better than Collins did last year. Biadasz will be better. Need to just find that cohesiveness.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
La El was a bonehead. But he was a talented bonehead and the best run blocking RT in the league. Every year is a new chapter and I doubt he was going to repeat the suspension. I just hope Steele doesn't get Dak killed. I have no idea on Tyler......... I guess he's a G now.

LOL.............no way was Collins even close to the best run blocking RT in the NFL.

Steele and the run game were steamrolling people when he was in there. The moment Collins came back the line went in the toilet. The guy is a clown. Good riddance.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
La’el is the best example of why the Joneses need to step down. He was entitled. I bet he plays great with the Bengals.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The line is already better then it was last year. T Smith will be much better than Williams. Steele played better than Collins did last year. Biadasz will be better. Need to just find that cohesiveness.
:hammer::hammer::popcorn:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Agree 100%.....maybe a few mental mistakes but I don't see him getting pushed back into the backfield, not at 335lbs with his attitude.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Agree 100%.....maybe a few mental mistakes but I don't see him getting pushed back into the backfield, not at 335lbs with his attitude.

Go watch the tape. He mauls people. Especially in the run game. Violent. The soft hearted William wont be missed.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Why do people post deep thoughts by Stephen Jones? The guy is an idiot with zero football insight.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He has presumably been playing football for quite a long time. If the coaching hasn't hit home yet then why would it suddenly hit home now?

His college OLine coach was a young graduate assistant who was fired last year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s obvious listening to some of the comments by the Cowboys that they see Smith as their future LT. Tyron misses games every year and when he’s in the lineup and not healthy the OL struggles. Our struggles on the OL last season began when he started missing games.

JayFord

Reaction score
I dont dislike Stephen...

but i rather he stop explaining things, everytime he talks he sounds like he doesn't know football

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Williams didn’t get any stronger over 4 years. Linderbaum won’t either.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Once he receives real coaching and putting him at OG should help. He was a good LT that used plain strength and athleticism, once his technique gets cleaned up he should be much better. Since none of the reports stated he was lazy he should progress quickly.

And we can only hope that Philbin can coach him where we need him.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Now young man!
:angry:

wash-mouth.gif