Twitter: Stephen Jones: We're not done in free agency

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m sure they’ll pick up a guy or two like Ankou or Covington during final cut downs.

They will re-sign Urban, Kazee and Nsehke.

They will follow it up by snagging another Will Grier and Malik Turner off the final cut downs waiver wire.

They will fist bump and tell us how amazing of a job they did and this will be the nucleus to building a super bowl contender as per Stephen “Super bowl winners aren’t built in one season!”
It’s very possible this is the exact scenario that plays out. It’s not a winning formula but I guess they think they can reinvent the wheel…

ESisback

Reaction score
Why does anyone even invite this imbecile onto talk shows? They'd garner better content talking to an office stapler.
Anything Stephen says is purely lip service and a feigned attempt to sell the fanbase some undue hope.

Why? The epic, negative overreaction from everything he says and does brings lots and lots of click$!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Their philosophy has won what?

Solely drafting for starters is a flawed plan because it is nearly impossible to build a quality starting roster just through draft picks. The best teams use FA wisely. They use it to plug a starting hole here or there.

We do not. We overvalue our drafting prowess, overvalue our own players when it comes time to sign them and then go cheap in FA. And then every season comes and we wonder why the roster has holes that can't be overcome. 3 playoff wins in 25 years is a big red neon flashing sign telling you whatever Jerry and Stephen concoct isn't working.

I am talking about leveraging the different portions of FA. There are good efficient deals to be found in VFA but they are typically at lower cost points. Paying VFA for starters is almost never efficient. Drafted players are cost controlled. It is what it is.

I don't disagree with what you are saying concerning internal scouting. Zeke and Jaylon's contracts are/were blights. That is what I was getting at with risk assessment.

My biggest concern is the Orwellian circus environment. He has his propaganda press machine on site, a massive mental health department, security, chaperones, private detectives, fixers and all that to go along with all the riff-raff and hoopla inherent to the NFL to which they also take over the top.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Of course they can take the best players in the draft, they didn't sign anyone better in free agency.

Reactions: BAT

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Just got film on our new kicker cheapazzz just signed.....There may be more cheap signings coming:facepalm:
the-little-giants.gif

Reactions: BAT

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Can't really be done with something that hasn't even started there, Mr. Wizard. This guy is a moron.

blueblood70

Reaction score
and many players still out there and more to be cut, traded, and/or signed. You all like to paste and cut your same responses to anything cowboy related especially on this subject, it a tried old narrative..lame really. But carry on.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Can't really be done with something that hasn't even started there, Mr. Wizard. This guy is a moron.
how has it not started ??????????????????

any players they resigned is a FA signing, bringing in Fowler and Washington are FAS and many left to fill holes post draft, nothing is finished with game 1 6months from now and the trade deadline all the way up top October?

fans are morons..