Stephen: No QB even with top 5 pick

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As it stands, the Cowboys are in position to have a top-five pick in the draft next spring, but quarterback will not be among the team’s priorities, according to Stephen Jones. The Cowboys have wanted to re-sign Dak Prescott all along and could us the franchise tag at a cost of $37.7 million. “Dak is our quarterback and we’re so fired up about him and him leading us in the future,” Jones said.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

baltcowboy

Reaction score
As it stands, the Cowboys are in position to have a top-five pick in the draft next spring, but quarterback will not be among the team’s priorities, according to Stephen Jones. The Cowboys have wanted to re-sign Dak Prescott all along and could us the franchise tag at a cost of $37.7 million. “Dak is our quarterback and we’re so fired up about him and him leading us in the future,” Jones said.

i

“This is not going to end the way you think.” Luke Skywalker the Last Jedi. Why would Stephen even say anything. The three stooges at it again. This time it’s Curly.

Qcard

Reaction score

i

:lmao2::lmao2:
Stephen is trolling Dak Haters:muttley:

At this rate Cowboys won't able to afford Dak

movaughn88

Reaction score
Only if Lawrence isn’t there. He’s not expecting Cowboys to draft #1 overall. But if they do Lawrence will be the pick. I don’t think any other QB would be a huge upgrade over Dak so BPA makes sense if Dallas doesn’t pick #1.

I've read some takes that there isn't a Defensive player worth taking with a top 5 pick, so if we could trade down a few spots for a small basket of picks that might be smart.

I agree on Lawrence - he would be worth it, but he won't be there past #1.

cern

Reaction score
Only if Lawrence isn’t there. He’s not expecting Cowboys to draft #1 overall. But if they do Lawrence will be the pick. I don’t think any other QB would be a huge upgrade over Dak so BPA makes sense if Dallas doesn’t pick #1.
From a business perspective, that makes no sense. We could get multiple #1's and 2's for lawrence. If we take him, no need for dak and he walks in free agency. It makes more sense, imo, to sign dak and bring in some high picks.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
This very well may be the case, but it’s not like he would say anything else right now. Until you have a top 2 pick you say the right things to keep your qb happy.

if they do get a top 2 pick you flip and have to make it seem like you want a qb just for trade value purposes.