Stephen on 105 about TE

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Said it’s got the greatest depth in the draft and you can get a good one in virtually any round.

I think it’s going to be McDonald or Sanders if you read the tea leaves.
My money is on Zack Kunitz from Old Dominion/Penn State.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I agree that you can get a good one in any round, but what you can't do is truly upgrade the position in any round. You wont wait until round 3/4 to get someone to start over Hendershot or Ferguson. At that point in the draft you're most likely getting a player with size and hoping to develop them.

My guess is they have a TE they really like if they fall to them at #26, and if not they have a long list of players to target middle rounds. If I'm a current TE on this roster I'm pretty nervous about round one and hoping for a run on those guys early.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Said it’s got the greatest depth in the draft and you can get a good one in virtually any round.

I think it’s going to be McDonald or Sanders if you read the tea leaves
Exactly.

What I've been saying.

You'll have a more impactful draft if you sit tight.

There are so many that it's likely someone other than Mayer has a better career, IMO.

JBS

Reaction score

I think it’s going to be McDonald or Sanders if you read the tea leaves
It’s going to be neither. Neither are even in the equation. McDonald has a small chance. Sanders zero

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I agree that you can get a good one in any round, but what you can't do is truly upgrade the position in any round. You wont wait until round 3/4 to get someone to start over Hendershot or Ferguson. At that point in the draft you're most likely getting a player with size and hoping to develop them.

My guess is they have a TE they really like if they fall to them at #26, and if not they have a long list of players to target middle rounds. If I'm a current TE on this roster I'm pretty nervous about round one and hoping for a run on those guys early.
How much time have you spent evaluating the TEs in this draft?

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
How long ago did he say this?
If it was this week, take the opposite as gospel. This is certainly lying season. If he so blatantly shared our strategy this close to the draft, he truly is senile.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'm still trippin' that Stephen said that they drafted Tyron when he was 18...and he repeated it. And, OF COURSE, nobody on the show corrected him.
:laugh:
You’re shocked? This GM and his son have forgotten players names and thought players on other teams played different positions. Like well known players lol. It’s a joke.