Stephen on 105 about TE

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Said it’s got the greatest depth in the draft and you can get a good one in virtually any round.

I think it’s going to be McDonald or Sanders if you read the tea leaves
Day before the draft and I too think Will McDonald is the pick and the rest of the draft will be Offense heavy.

We’ll have a good team this year but when defenses tighten up how do we get the ball out of Dak’s hands when he’s ready to be captain average?

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
If they value the TE depth in the draft I highly doubt they go that route in round 1. Looking like RB or DT in round 1….OL and LB are dark horse possibilities.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Said it’s got the greatest depth in the draft and you can get a good one in virtually any round.

I think it’s going to be McDonald or Sanders if you read the tea leaves

Yep. I also wonder how high the kid from SDSU, Kraft, goes.
I would be shocked if they drafted a defensive tackle And at the same time, happy.

Flamma

Reaction score
Still think Mayer is the heavy favorite, unless a higher prospect falls in their laps.
Am I missing something here? When I watch him, he looks like a lumbering offensive lineman. That might work in college, but how will that translate to the pros? I don't think we want to draft a blocking TE in the first round. He should stick to being the bad guy in Halloween.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Am I missing something here? When I watch him, he looks like a lumbering offensive lineman. That might work in college, but how will that translate to the pros? I don't think we want to draft a blocking TE in the first round. He should stick to being the bad guy in Halloween.
Blocking TE is in Georgia, he is more of an old schooled TE, then a modern one.

gtb1943

Reaction score
You must mean Washington. Mayer is the most complete TE in this draft, hands down.
Washington is a great blocker and has the hands but is VERY raw as a receiver.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You must mean Washington. Mayer is the most complete TE in this draft, hands down.
Washington is a great blocker and has the hands but is VERY raw as a receiver.
Mayer is light and an average athlete. He's not going to get any separation at the NFL level and would have to put on a bunch of weight to to be a forceful blocker. The only TE who makes any sense in the first is Washington, even if he is a bit of a project, because he has a terrific athletic profile.