Twitter: Stephen on XM radio

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I hope this isn't one of those years where the edge rushes wide and the RB runs it where they left the hole, or worse, up the gut.
I think this is the year the defense becomes a good squad. Nothing but good things can off of this if the defense comes together.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
What package is he talking about? I'm assuming they both are rushing the QB.......

Mr_437

Reaction score
I too like the speed coming off the edge with RG n Parsons, but what about DLaw? Where is #90 lining up in the 3-4?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I hope this isn't one of those years where the edge rushes wide and the RB runs it where they left the hole, or worse, up the gut.
I think this is the year the defense becomes a good squad. Nothing but good things can off of this if the defense comes together.
I don’t think we re-signed Quinn at DE. He was terrible at that. Got some sacks tho

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
There’s also a “big end” involved in these lineups. That’s where D Law would play. See @AsthmaField ’s post above.
Most of the time (~70%) the team will be in nickel, which is a typical 43. Lawrence will play LDE then.

On rush downs, Urban will likely play big end, giving Lawrence a break on those run stop downs.

Sometimes, they might want to get Parsons and Gregory off the edges on a pass down. In that case, Lawrence will likely replace Urban on those snaps.

it is all a guess until we see it though.

slick325

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing Gregory after a complete offseason with the team. Parsons I believe will hit the ground running.

Uncle_Hank

Reaction score
I still don't understand how this defensive line is supposed to stop anything up the middle. Does it really matter who's outside at that point?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Obviously, Parsons is the neurosurgeon in that analogy. Parsons is a supremely talented football player. He can do things 99% of NFL players simply cannot. That’s how special he is. He’s bigger, stronger, & faster than just about anyone else. And his ability to run & chase is almost as impressive as his ability to rush the passer.
My guess is that Gregory will be the LEO and Micah the SAM.
Micah will be the MIKE.