Twitter: Stephen picked Taco, Jerry picked Micah

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That shot from the war room with the trade on the table and Booger said take McGovern sure didn't look like a meeting of the minds to me.

"Hey, you overpaid yes men get together over there and decide what you think I should do and then I'll tell you what I'm gonna do...............and what you're gonna do".

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Or been like Ratliff and chased him out of the locker room.

That incident was never confirmed but at least Ratliff was an All Pro player. If Jerry had told Taco to step up and it led to a heated exchange Taco would’ve been gone!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That incident was never confirmed but at least Ratliff was an All Pro player. If Jerry had told Taco to step up and it led to a heated exchange Taco would’ve been gone!
It was confirmed by a player, at least to the radio guy in the room at the time, that was in the locker room when the exchange took place about the level of injury Ratliff was fighting and Booger took it one step too far and Ratliff made a move and he scampered out of the locker room.

He did the same thing with Barber, trying to minimize the seriousness of his injury. The problem is he went public with Barber's.

It's one thing to get overly optimistic about a player's return from injury but to even let it drift into the territory Booger sent it doesn't sit well with the team. The players have grown sensitive about that subject over the years since it has been pointed out they struggle with hang nails while Ronnie Lott has the end of his finger cut off to get back in.

It's just the Mouth Rule on display by Booger. Mouth Rule says run it long enough and you will have run it too much.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jerry was joking on this comment, he would later say in the conference that many people are involved in the draft process from McClay and coaches to Stephen and yes Jerry himself who pays the bills. I think if you look at most teams around the league the draft is not a 1 man show, many are involved in it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I heard it confirmed live on The Ticket by the radio guy that was in the room and Ratliff was pissed and took that just as Booger intended it. I could easily see that coming from Ratliff. He have everything he had for his teammates until he had little else to give.

Wasn’t the only confrontation Ratliff had in the locker room. He had one with one of the beat writers for the team. Rattliff had to be pulled away from the guy. Forgot exactly who it was.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I think everybody understands it was all a joke with no truth to it, the only person that has a right to be upset is Taco Charlton.

And to be fair Charlton is still in the league. If he was taken a few rounds later he'd be considered a pretty decent pick. Hindsight is always 20/20 and I have a feeling most teams in the NFL had him slotted around where Dallas took him. And if the league knew T.J. Watt was going to be T.J. Watt, he would have been gone in the top five anyway.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yea, he wanted Micah so bad he traded down several spots to get him.
you cant be so blind to not see how much he was joking around about this, yes? Life cant always be so serious, and jerry knows this. The whole room was laughing, and it was pretty damn funny.