Stephen Senior Bowl interview

Aven8

Reaction score
He still looked slow at 290. He’s not going to pan out.
I can’t argue with that. And if you remember this was McClays stand on the table pick. He convinced them

ATXSRT

Reaction score
"Holistically" means they are taking a vacation to Cabo and taking ayahuasca.

Aven8

Reaction score
Somewhere Rod Marinelli is probably smiling. At least he won’t get the blame for this one.
They have nailed the 1st round for awhile and sometimes it doesn’t work. I haven’t given up hope on this kid quite yet however

J_Allen

Reaction score
BTW, it's totally normal that the owner and his son have this yearly tradition of holding Senior Bowl press conferences.

Notices how he says "job"..."jaahhhb."

The only thing that needs to go with those goofy glasses is a clown outfit too. After that playoff loss I can't believe he has the nerve to stand in front of a camera and pretend he knows what he's talking about.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
when you have to say "you know" about 50 times, tells me he doesn't know.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
He still looked slow at 290. We reached for a need and whiffed. He’s not going to pan out.
Yup, it's his reaction time, not his fine twitch ability. Can't just make someone think faster like that. He's a fundamentally flawed player.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You've watched all of Jerry's. Now watch the other half of our braintrust. If you do you will feel a whole lot better about this.

Don't act like you haven't finally succeeded the 29th time you tried something.

Drop a Cowboys! when you're done.

Blimey!
How did Stephen become a scout?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Lots of work to do. I did like what he said about winning in the regular season and postseason that the fans won’t trust them until it happens. At least they get it. Now do they care? That’s the million dollar question
I doubt their abilities to make the changes needed.
They just don't have the football skillsets necessary.
If they did, our team would not be in the mess it's been for 28 years.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
More “hanging around the rim” feel good, we like our guys rah-rah Jerry-speak.

How anyone could walk away from that GB loss and think “we are close” is just mind-boggling.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Struggling hard to say the right things at these interviews. Struggling harder (and mostly failing) at developing a playoff contending football team.

raven55

Reaction score
he was called on draft day about a trade with detroit he answered and didn't even know anything about the player that was being offered. This moron is now in charge up holding the jones's tradition of stupidity. so this is my last up date on this forum going to root for the other teams. any body that roots for this team is kooky they have stupid people at the top. you who they are the bad thing is that after this year the dummies that root for this team will blame will Mcclay no more input on this 8and 9 team in 2024

LysleE

Reaction score
Had no idea Mazi only had 4 snaps against GB. :confused: Stephen tried defending his play this season, saying they have him doing things differently than in college. He played like a fish out of water. I didn’t notice any progress throughout the season. You can tell they’re concerned about him. They would love to have a do over.
Yes…I was surprised to hear it as well, but I thought SJ tried to minimize the impact of that statement by pointing out Dallas ran only 60 defensive snaps.
I personally think it’s drafting genius to draft a 1st round DL and ask him to do things he has never demonstrated he could do in college and is basically is a developmental pick because of that…another wasted 1st round pick…to complement the wasted 2nd round pick.
Maybe Dallas will draft holistically this year?

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Every owner in the league knows Quinn is a fraud. All of them but one that is