Stephon Gilmore is staying patient

Carson

Reaction score
Well they give cooks 10 a year for 700 yards so why wouldn't they give Gilmore nearly the same to start at CB along with diggs and bland?
Because they paid Diggs and Bland plays better outside is likely the thinking.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
$$$$

and no real spot here with Diggs and Bland outside sadly
This^^^^ I'm sure they love the guy. It's just no real job here but am I missing something about Bland? I thought his strength was the slot. He seems to have trouble outside with speed receivers. Then again excellent techniques can offset the lack of speed.........think Everson Walls

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Because they paid Diggs and Bland plays better outside is likely the thinking.
I agree that's probably what they think I just think Gilmore outside and bland inside is better than any other combo on the roster. I also think diggs performance will only be 60-80% of his previous ability which along with whoever is playing slot will really expose the secondary. I dunno maybe a young kid surprises in camp, let's hope.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
i thought he played extremely well here
Bland gave up A LOT of yardage getting those Ints
Diggs turned around that narrative so maybe Bland can too, but...

Unless hes asking some bonkers # id get him over here as depth, him being the #3 or #4 (kinda like how we planned for last year) would be good, and he was very good in that spot, only when he basically had to cover for the loss of Diggs he showed his age a bit, but he was still the only one who could.

Lets not act like our defense is too talented to add these type of guys

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Amazing is a bit of a glaze….our secondary was NOT good at the end of last season.

He’s a solid player for his age but honestly should be a back-up.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Can only really play outside at his age since change of direction and burst is an issue on crossing routes so he's a backup now....but for one year at 3 million, sure but no way is he getting 10 million

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Hes a progress stopper at this point. I've also read on here how much people like the corner they drafted late in the draft.