Stephon Gilmore is staying patient

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cooks also led the league in red zone touchdowns from within 10 yards though.
And Gilmore stepped up big time to start for the cowboys and did very well. Plenty of cash to pay him if they wanted. But like I told Carson maybe a young kid steps up for the slot but if not then diggs, bland, Gilmore would rock.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And Gilmore stepped up big time to start for the cowboys and did very well. Plenty of cash to pay him if they wanted. But like I told Carson maybe a young kid steps up for the slot but if not then diggs, bland, Gilmore would rock.
The problem is Cowboys have holes and corner isn’t it. Cooks is our second best receiver. Gilmore would be a luxury but not at 10 million.

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
Gilmore is in an excellent spot to wait it out. He's not likely to get $10 million but he's also not going to come back to Dallas for only $3 million. Every year, players go down in training camp and get lost for the year or miss significant time. I hope it doesn't happen to us, but some team's CB will likely suffer a serious ACL injury or Achilles tear within the first two or three weeks of training camp. At that point he will be on the short list of players getting that phone call, and that team will be more receptive to paying Gilmore somewhere close to what he wants.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Surprised someone hasn’t signed him. He didn’t have a bad season for us. He’s going to have to lower his price.

shabazz

Reaction score
It's a blessing that our current roster is so stacked that Gilly has no home here.

I'm starting to get pretty stoked when I look at the current roster.