Video: Steve Smith Sr. Dallas Cowboys' draft haul may signal birth of a new dynasty

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Lamb is now the best weapon we have on offense. He is a scoring machine. A big play waiting to happen.

I don’t watch much college football, so I’ve been mesmerized after watching his highlight reel now. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite like it.

His routes are so crisp, then after he catches the ball, he doesnt go down - not because he’s a big guy, but because he’s elusive and defenders can’t seem to find a way to get two arms around him.

But... those catches. I mean, come on! You might see a good receiver in the NFL make one of those catches every few years, and this kid makes them routinely. He caught balls that honestly he had no business catching.

Finally, there’s that route that Riley loves which I hope McCarthy steals. Lamb starts in the slot on one side then he swings around in motion behind the running back and catches the ball on a swing pass. It’s a simple play but he took a few of those to the house simply because he makes so many defenders miss.

Edit: Added a video of the play. They ran it a lot at Oklahoma.

So you’re going to put THIS cat on the same field as Cooper and Gallup and leave him one on one?? Really?? Can teams cheat and bring that safety up on Zeke with these kind of weapons?

This offense is going to be unreal this year.

Last edited:

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Hmm, how about we pump the brakes a little. Rather than birthing a new dynasty, how about we hope to win week 1 next season and look a genuine contender doing it. Step 1 before step 10.

Hadenough

Reaction score
It's a beautiful car with a bad engine....the state of our franchise with a bum QB.
Reminds me of the kid that drives his fathers 750 hp Roush mustang with a 6 speed manual transmission and loses race after race because he doesnt know how to drive a stick shift. Everyone that watches this happen is like let me drive that car.
Every QB in the league is envious of what Dak has and would love a chance to show the Cowboys organization they could do better.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Lamb is now the best weapon we have on offense. He is a scoring machine. A big play waiting to happen.

This isn't your Garretts Cowboys anymore. Where most rookies are slow cooked and used improperly and to little effect.
And played out of position made to fit his idea of what they should be. Wasted 2 years because he refuses to cater to daks strengths so he could try and turn him into a pocket passer. Joke

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yikes you are right, he ran a 4.42 40 at the combine, I didn’t know that. Why is it, then, that they never had him running “go” routes? Gallup got those last year. It seemed to be all skinny posts and those mind numbing curl routes that they ran over and over again.

And yeah, Frazier played special teams and was depth. Look at the depth chart at safety now.

Clinton Dix and Xavier Woods are your starters. Then you have, in this order, Donavon Wilson, Darian Thompson, and Luther Kirk (UDFA).

I have to imagine that they’ll make another roster move there. Reshad Jones? Eric Reid?

Also ran a 4.35 at his pro day.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yikes you are right, he ran a 4.42 40 at the combine, I didn’t know that. Why is it, then, that they never had him running “go” routes? Gallup got those last year. It seemed to be all skinny posts and those mind numbing curl routes that they ran over and over again.

And yeah, Frazier played special teams and was depth. Look at the depth chart at safety now.

Clinton Dix and Xavier Woods are your starters. Then you have, in this order, Donavon Wilson, Darian Thompson, and Luther Kirk (UDFA).

I have to imagine that they’ll make another roster move there. Reshad Jones? Eric Reid?

Not sure why. IM sure they had a safety over the top. Maybe it was Garretts boring offense?

The FO did hint recently that they may have a corner or two that they envision playing safety.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don’t watch much college football, so I’ve been mesmerized after watching his highlight reel now. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite like it.

His routes are so crisp, then after he catches the ball, he doesnt go down - not because he’s a big guy, but because he’s elusive and defenders can’t seem to find a way to get two arms around him.

But... those catches. I mean, come on! You might see a good receiver in the NFL make one of those catches every few years, and this kid makes them routinely. He caught balls that honestly he had no business catching.

Finally, there’s that route that Riley loves which I hope McCarthy steals. Lamb starts in the slot on one side then he swings around in motion behind the running back and catches the ball on a swing pass. It’s a simple play but he took a few of those to the house simply because he makes so many defenders miss.

Edit: Added a video of the play. They ran it a lot at Oklahoma.

So you’re going to put THIS cat on the same field as Cooper and Gallup and leave him one on one?? Really?? Can teams cheat and bring that safety up on Zeke with these kind of weapons?

This offense is going to be unreal this year.

Its going to equate to more big plays. One of these 3 guys is always going to be in single coverage. Teams are probably going to have to just play a zone and keep these guys in front of them. I don't see how you play man on all these guys. Who are you going to double?

This will also open up the RB's. Pollard out of the backfield being able to beat one guy and make a big play will be a great option now. Play action will be unreal.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And played out of position made to fit his idea of what they should be. Wasted 2 years because he refuses to cater to daks strengths so he could try and turn him into a pocket passer. Joke
Moore unleashed and set free under the wing of MM should be amazing.