Steve Young calls for Boys/Colts SB IF....

Undisputed

Reaction score
Colts/Cowboys was my prediction at the start of the season, and of course I am sticking by it until it becomes impossible. :D

The AFC just isn't scary this year. I see the Colts as a team that simply knows how to win at this point, and will be able to knock off the Jets or Titans of the conference.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Thats the whole problem. I think Dallas can beat every single NFC team right now but in order to get that chance in the playoffs, they had to get through Pitt and Baltimore which may prove to be too much to overcome with all the injuries. We will see.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
I was saying this at the start of the 2007 season. I even made a video called Rematch in an effort to predict the 2007 SB match-up (Cowboys/Colts). Then when the Patriots were doing so well, I knew it was not possible.

At the start of the 2008 season, Tom Brady's injury, had me singing the same tune again.

We will see. ;)

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
colts is definitely the best team in the AFC. We should be able to come out of the NFC also.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2499643 said:
colts is definitely the best team in the AFC. We should be able to come out of the NFC also.

...with Bob Sanders in the lineup. Their defense is second rate when he isn't.

Brian_C82

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a Cowboys-Steelers rematch. It would certainly be the highest rated Super Bowl in history.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I just want, should we make the playoffs, for Dallas to get there. I don't care who they have to play from the AFC side.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
That would be awesome!! A Steelers vs. Cowboys SB......again, would be interesting as well. It would be what... the 4th time they have meet in the SB?

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2499799 said:
That would be awesome!! A Steelers vs. Cowboys SB......again, would be interesting as well. It would be what... the 4th time they have meet in the SB?

as long as we don't play them on their crappy field, bring 'em on

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
JethroPugh;2499557 said:
... the Boys can make the playoffs.

Always knew that dude had at least half a brain.

See his Week 15 Rant video...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index

Plain and simple.
Steve Young owes the Cowboys franchise for his lone SB win.

If not for Jerry and meddling - Steve Young retires without like Dan Marino.

I would like to see Cowboys vs Steelers... even up that SB series at 2-2...... BEAT THEM to #6 by taking it from them.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I don't see how the Colts are being touted over the Steelers. I don't see any team being head and shoulders over others but the Steelers are going to be a handful for anyone. The Colts have won but the quality is not there. I'd be nervous playing them just because of Manning but there are other teams which concern me more. I'd love to face them in the SB. I think we'd beat them handily.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
jobberone;2499843 said:
I don't see how the Colts are being touted over the Steelers. I don't see any team being head and shoulders over others but the Steelers are going to be a handful for anyone. The Colts have won but the quality is not there. I'd be nervous playing them just because of Manning but there are other teams which concern me more. I'd love to face them in the SB. I think we'd beat them handily.

The last two Steelers wins were not of "quality" as you put it.

We dominated most of game.
They needed a bogus call TD to win last one.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
jobberone;2499843 said:

YoMick;2499847 said:
The last two Steelers wins were not of "quality" as you put it.

We dominated most of game.
They needed a bogus call TD to win last one.

In the end it doesn't matter. Quality of opponent or quality win. Both are irrelevant. Only the W counts. As we've seen so many times this season, what *you think* is going to happen and what *actually* happens are two different things quite often!

It very well could be the Falcons vs the Ravens in the Superbowl!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
nyc;2499900 said:
In the end it doesn't matter. Quality of opponent or quality win. Both are irrelevant. Only the W counts. As we've seen so many times this season, what *you think* is going to happen and what *actually* happens are two different things quite often!

Of course. But that's not the topic.

Reaction score
Undisputed;2499570 said:
Colts/Cowboys was my prediction at the start of the season, and of course I am sticking by it until it becomes impossible. :D

The AFC just isn't scary this year. I see the Colts as a team that simply knows how to win at this point, and will be able to knock off the Jets or Titans of the conference.

Please don't dismiss the Steelers, they are the toughest team in the AFC right now.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
nyc;2499900 said:

I agree.. the W is all that counts.

But my response was to the "quality" of the win/opponent and then the annointing of the Steelers.

It will be a bird-less SuperBowl. I promise ;)