Steve Young calls for Boys/Colts SB IF....

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
YoMick;2499847 said:
The last two Steelers wins were not of "quality" as you put it.

We dominated most of game.
They needed a bogus call TD to win last one.

Look who they were playing. Look who the Colts have barely beat and how they won.

It's just an opinion but I think the Steelers would stomp them.

JethroPugh

Reaction score
Btw, some red meat for all the ESPN haters...

The subhead on the video piece now says...

"Steve Young thinks the Cowboys might be a playoff ready team"

Gotta love how the online editors spin even their own stuff.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
JethroPugh;2500797 said:
Btw, some red meat for all the ESPN haters...

The subhead on the video piece now says...

"Steve Young thinks the Cowboys might be a playoff ready team"

Gotta love how the online editors spin even their own stuff.

Well at least it's accurate.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2500750 said:
Please don't dismiss the Steelers, they are the toughest team in the AFC right now.
I would take the Colts over them...lets not forget that they have won 7 in a row.

The Steelers just don't show anything impressive on offense.

Batman

Reaction score
I am more for taking this one game at a time. We still have 2 very big games.

If we shuuld get to the Super Bowl, I hope we get the Steelers, because me thinks that Tony Romo will be looking for redemption and looking to have the last laugh.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2500750 said:
Please don't dismiss the Steelers, they are the toughest team in the AFC right now.

They don't have a running game, though.

I wish commentators would stop jumping on and off the bandwagon. We haven't even made the playoffs yet, and they're predicting Super Bowl.

I'd rather the Cowboys fly under the radar. Let the talking heads keep repeating how we haven't one a playoff game since the Clinton administration.

Under the radar, guys. Under the radar.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
YoMick;2499807 said:
Plain and simple.
Steve Young owes the Cowboys franchise for his lone SB win.

If not for Jerry and meddling - Steve Young retires without like Dan Marino.

Jerry meddling had nothing to do with losing that game. We had too many injuries and too many other guys playing hurt, that combined with the early turnovers and what was unquestionably a one sided officiating job did us in.

The blown PI call on Deion was just horrendous. We also got flagged for an awful roughing the passer call on a drive they ended up scoring a TD on.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Steve Young can't be sincere, he's probably trying to jinx the Cowboys!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jobberone;2500787 said:
Look who they were playing. Look who the Colts have barely beat and how they won.

It's just an opinion but I think the Steelers would stomp them.

I dont think the Steelers can stomp anybody, much less a playoff calibar team. Their offense just isnt that good.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
dbair1967;2500928 said:
I dont think the Steelers can stomp anybody, much less a playoff calibar team. Their offense just isnt that good.

They'll win the superbowl if the keep getting ref calls! I've never seen a more squirelly team than the Pittsburgh Steelers!

Thomas82

Reaction score
YoMick;2499807 said:
Plain and simple.
Steve Young owes the Cowboys franchise for his lone SB win.

If not for Jerry and meddling - Steve Young retires without like Dan Marino.

I would like to see Cowboys vs Steelers... even up that SB series at 2-2...... BEAT THEM to #6 by taking it from them.

Actually, that was his only Super Bowl win as a starting QB. He was Joe Montana's backup when the 49ers won Super Bowls 23 & 24 against the Bengals and Broncos.

Thomas82

Reaction score
dbair1967;2500925 said:
Jerry meddling had nothing to do with losing that game. We had too many injuries and too many other guys playing hurt, that combined with the early turnovers and what was unquestionably a one sided officiating job did us in.

The blown PI call on Deion was just horrendous. We also got flagged for an awful roughing the passer call on a drive they ended up scoring a TD on.

Man, was I pissed off after that game.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
Lets not forget, we lost our first Super Bowl appearance to the Colts. I'd like to even the score with that one before we settle the score with the Steelers. REMATCH!!!!!!!!

Brian_C82

Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2501266 said:
Lets not forget, we lost our first Super Bowl appearance to the Colts. I'd like to even the score with that one before we settle the score with the Steelers. REMATCH!!!!!!!!

Actually, we would get revenge if the Ravens made the Super Bowl since most Baltimore fans consider the Ravens to be the "real" Colts.

Dimuha

Reaction score
That's what I had too. Boys-Vikings in the NFC, and Colts-Bolts in the AFC. At least I got the SB right.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At the risk of being thrown out of here, put me down for a Carolina/Titans Super Bowl. The Titans defense will make a mockery of the Steelers OL.

Carolina is just playing well and after this week, will have secured home field.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Every week, Young seems to be the only guy on ESPN that doesn't bash the Cowboys. Who would have thought that. Well, and Trent Dilfer on another show. Back to Young though, I absolutely hated him as a player. Could not stand him. Hated the way he supposedly was toward Montana. Hated the whole "monkey" scene at the SuperBowl. I just could not stand him.

Now, I think I actually like the guy. He is about as level headed as someone on that network can possibly be.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Sarge;2501327 said:
At the risk of being thrown out of here, put me down for a Carolina/Titans Super Bowl. The Titans defense will make a mockery of the Steelers OL.

Carolina is just playing well and after this week, will have secured home field.

We own Carolina lately.