Steve Young said YES Tony Romo is an elite QB

sago1

Reaction score
Was listening to ESPN as Monday night game drawing near and the host after showing the Cowboy-Giant game asked Steve Young if Romo was an elite QB and Young very strongly said yes he definitely is. No hesitation or equivication at all. Good to hear that finally we beginning to hear from some so called experts how highly regarded Romo is viewed. Do think his play in the Eagles and Giants games went a long way to solidifying his reputation.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
sago1;1762327 said:
Was listening to ESPN as Monday night game drawing near and the host after showing the Cowboy-Giant game asked Steve Young if Romo was an elite QB and Young very strongly said yes he definitely is. No hesitation or equivication at all. Good to hear that finally we beginning to hear from some so called experts how highly regarded Romo is viewed. Do think his play in the Eagles and Giants games went a long way to solidifying his reputation.

Romo is in the top 3 at QB in the NFL today.
He wins a Lombardi or two he has a Canton visit coming his way.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
dont see how anyone could argue differently right now...he is having an amazing year

other than the 1-2 flakey plays he makes most games, you cant complain at all about him...and other than 2, maybe 3-4 guys at most, there arnt any QB's I'd even give a thought to rather having than Romo right now, pro or college

David

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
stealth;1762330 said:
lol I think emmitt just called shaun alexander soft.

Emmitt isn't the only one that feels that way.

BadKarma

Reaction score
dbair1967;1762339 said:
other than the 1-2 flakey plays he makes most games, you cant complain at all about him...
David

I've come to expect this from him almost every game now. Other the "goofy" plays and the "floater" passes he throws a time or two, he's exceeded most of our expectations.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
It will be awhile before I put Romo over Favre, Brady or Manning. It will be quite awhile. He's capable of being in their company if he continues to play this well. There have been QBs who played well a year or so then faded some.

Personally I think Romo has got it. He just has to do it for awhile. At least one SB win would help on the way.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
sago1;1762327 said:

03EBZ06;1762333 said:
It must have been hard for a 49er homer to admit. :D

I believe Steve would call it like he see's it. Especially when it comes to the(his) fraternity of QB's in the NFL.

To say otherwise about Romo would uncivilized :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Young has just now figured this out? Romo has had teams throwing every look you can think of at him and he has handled it all. At least Young knows it now.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
BadKarma;1762385 said:
I've come to expect this from him almost every game now. Other the "goofy" plays and the "floater" passes he throws a time or two, he's exceeded most of our expectations.

I actually believe he'll cut most of them out eventually...he's already improved by leaps and bounds from last yr to this yr....I think its gotta be somewhat scary for teams when they consider he might even improve more from this offseason to next

David

Zman5

Reaction score
I love way Romo is playing now but he has to do this for at least 3 more seasons before I would put him on the the same level as Peyton and Brady.

Don't forget what kind of season Kurt Warner had then he just fizzled away. I hope that doesn't happen to Romo.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone, were you saying the same thing about Peyton Manning before he won a Super Bowl? you had Favre ranked over him?

I agree that Romo has to do this for awhile, but right now I'd put him over 29 other NFL QBs, excluding Brady and Peyton, who are above him, respectively