Steve Young said YES Tony Romo is an elite QB

AtomicDog

Reaction score
jobberone;1762401 said:
It will be awhile before I put Romo over Favre, Brady or Manning. It will be quite awhile. He's capable of being in their company if he continues to play this well. There have been QBs who played well a year or so then faded some.

Personally I think Romo has got it. He just has to do it for awhile. At least one SB win would help on the way.

Pretty much agree with your post. Romo has all the tools. He just needs the track record to be mentioned in the same breath as those other players. A superbowl win will be all it takes. And why not!????!

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Zman5;1762761 said:
I love way Romo is playing now but he has to do this for at least 3 more seasons before I would put him on the the same level as Peyton and Brady.

Don't forget what kind of season Kurt Warner had then he just fizzled away. I hope that doesn't happen to Romo.
that makes me wonder what will happen when Romo doesn't have owens to throw to?

sago1

Reaction score
Jerry gave Romo a $67.5M contract to QB the Cowboys to playoff wins and take them to the SBs. All that money isn't worth a hill of beans if Jerry doesn't ensure Romo has the necessary offensive players around him to get the job done and one of those needs is quality WRs.

To is a great WR whose in great physical shape but turns 34 in Dec. Wouldn't be surprised to see Jerry extend his contract but cost does concern me. Terry Glenn's future has to be a matter of concern so I'd expect us to draft or sign a quality WR to replace Glenn if necessary. Might also keep Crayton whose got good hands but is a possession #3 WR.

mmohican29

Reaction score
He looks great now but that's because NFL DC's don't have film on him... he will be exposed shortly for sure.:rolleyes:

Romo is absolutely one of the best in the business... the sky is the limit for him, a win in the Super Bowl and I would call him the greatest QB I've ever seen in a Cowboys uniform.

He's just the David we need for the Patriots Goliath. I want that game in the worst way. We got sumthin for them next time.

GoBigD

Reaction score
idk but i put favre above brady manning and romo. sure hes old but among active qbs hes still the best until he retires imo

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
stealth;1762330 said:
lol I think emmitt just called shaun alexander soft.
I liked the comment about how tackling Shaun Alexander would be like tackling Charmin :laugh2:

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
GoBigD;1762920 said:
idk but i put favre above brady manning and romo. sure hes old but among active qbs hes still the best until he retires imo
Favre holds a lot of records but hell if you play for 30 years you're going to get a few. That's why Blanda has held so many. He's good and he is resilient and it has made for a HoF career. But on a game to game basis I don't know that he is any better than any of the other top tier QB's.

GoBigD

Reaction score
JackMagist;1762949 said:
Favre holds a lot of records but hell if you play for 30 years you're going to get a few. That's why Blanda has held so many. He's good and he is resilient and it has made for a HoF career. But on a game to game basis I don't know that he is any better than any of the other top tier QB's.

yeah i hear yas but look at whats hes doing this year with who!? as his receivers and practically no running game and at his age?!?! plus playing and starting for as long as he has deserves some merit. just look at this year stats in comparison to the other 3 qbs in the list.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...263-s=PASSING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
In all honesty to Steve and a bunch of folks out there, alot of people haven't had the pleasure of watching Romo from the beginning, practices, and week after week except us Cowboy fans.

The world shall soon know if they don't already.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
dbair1967;1762653 said:
I actually believe he'll cut most of them out eventually...he's already improved by leaps and bounds from last yr to this yr....I think its gotta be somewhat scary for teams when they consider he might even improve more from this offseason to next

David

even Manning and Brady throw one like that once in a while tho. OTOH if you get to watch the replay, a lot of flukey looking passes are actually cause the QB gets touched as he's throwing.