Still shaking me head about dismantling the Egirls

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dak throwing an ill advised interception into double coverage wasting a turnover and a chance to end the game early?
I'm not inviting you to my community center parties with that attitude, mister!

JBond

Reaction score
We beat the Eagles 29th ranked pass defense so we can resume the, “Dak is Better than Mahomes” threads again
Did someone actually post that?

Dak is improving, but let's be real about it.

Gorgon

Reaction score
I am incredibly glad we beat the Eagles but we'll see next week whether "we're back" or not...It's still a long season, winning the division which we're in prime position to do is all that matters right now.

THIS. Great win, after three pathetic defeats, and before that, three beat-downs of lame teams.

A couple of things are clear: if we had ONE other solid DT to go with Collins and a healthy Quinn, the front four is elite.
The o-line still isn't quite back to their form of two years ago. Smith got beat a couple of times, not many big holes for Zeke. After getting slammed
here for a couple of weeks, Connor Williams made some excellent blocks.

HOWEVER, contrast this to the NE mentality: they beat a Jets team that beat us 33-0 . . . and what did they do? They said, "our offense isn't good enough" and went out and traded for a starting WR!

Especially watching the NE defense destroy the Blimps was mind boggling. Our D seems so vanilla compared to that---and it seems (and I'm certainly no expert) that all that is due to coaching, and coaching preparation.

aikemirv

Reaction score
The Eagles are a bad team. The Commanders and Giants suck as well. We could win the division going 8-8 or even 7-9.... none of those 3 other teams will win more than 6 games.

If we go 6-0 in the division and go 3-7 outside of the division..... does that mean we are a good team?

The thing is I do not see a dominant team yet emerging in the whole conference. Once we are in the playoffs anything can happen. But most likely it will be as a #4 seed.
Philly will win 8-9 I think, Their schedule is just too easy and the Giants and Skins are that bad!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not convinced "We are back!!!!!" yet. Take care of MIN and DET like that and then I might think they are back. The Cowboys played well, the Eagles were not ready to play.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who talks like this?
Who among us doesn't speak with a British accent on occasion? I've got the well manicured gentleman and the cockney pub stalker down pretty good and when I am going to say something stupid, I use the accent to smarten it up. Use it a lot posting here.

You haven't lived until you've told a drunk Texas redneck wanting to do you bodily harm to "Kiss me Mum's bum". Puzzles him and buys you time for an quick exit.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The Eagles aren't a good team and the Cowboys had their backs against the wall.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Who among us doesn't speak with a British accent on occasion? I've got the well manicured gentleman and the cockney pub stalker down pretty good and when I am going to say something stupid, I use the accent to smarten it up. Use it a lot posting here.

You haven't lived until you've told a drunk Texas redneck wanting to do you bodily harm to "Kiss me Mum's bum". Puzzles him and buys you time for an quick exit.

:laugh:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Our fans are funny. We beat an eagles team who is self-destructing and claim, "We are back!" I guess I missed the memo where we actually arrived...We are nothing but the typical Jekyll and Hyde team we've been for a number of years now.
Everyone knows the Falcons are one of the biggest trainwrecks in the league, right?

Anyone checked who their one win of the year was against?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Zeke trucking the safety after the DLaw strip/sack set the tone for the rest of the season.

This. One of my favorite Zeke moments ever. Absolutely destroyed Jenkins and I couldn’t have been happier about it.

And yes— that kind of play can help establish tone/identity for the whole unit.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
"Me head"

I didn't know they had garbage can leprechauns in Farmer's Branch.

Instead of a pot of gold, you probably stand around a burning bucket you use to crap in.
We have a community crapper, as you call it in that low-rent North Texas slang.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Who talks like this?

Your sis succumbs to the Midlands lilt and the manly brogue. You speak 'Merican. Funny tha.:)
Picture yourself in a London restaurant ordering dinner. "That come with gravy? Get me some of those little French sausages with tators. Ahum."

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
THIS. Great win, after three pathetic defeats, and before that, three beat-downs of lame teams.

A couple of things are clear: if we had ONE other solid DT to go with Collins and a healthy Quinn, the front four is elite.
The o-line still isn't quite back to their form of two years ago. Smith got beat a couple of times, not many big holes for Zeke. After getting slammed
here for a couple of weeks, Connor Williams made some excellent blocks.

HOWEVER, contrast this to the NE mentality: they beat a Jets team that beat us 33-0 . . . and what did they do? They said, "our offense isn't good enough" and went out and traded for a starting WR!

Especially watching the NE defense destroy the Blimps was mind boggling. Our D seems so vanilla compared to that---and it seems (and I'm certainly no expert) that all that is due to coaching, and coaching preparation.
Well done, govnor!

:welcome: