Stoops not interested in Florida Job

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I doubt Stoops is going to win 3 more national campionships...he's had some loaded teams the past few seasons and didnt do it then either...Adrian Peterson helps, but I dont see 3 more titles

as I have said before I may be in the minority but I dont think Stoops is going to be a good pro coach...I think if he tries to bring the offensive system he uses now to the pros he'll get killed...watching it, it reminds me of Spurrier's flawed scheme sometimes

and I honestly dont like the guy, I thought his halftime interview while getting spanked by LSU in the Sugar Bowl was very telling and some of the more moronic things I have ever heard a coach say at that level...

if I'm running a pro team I'd be looking at Jeff Tedford, Nick Saban, Kirk Ferentz and maybe even Pete Carroll (assuming he can convince Norm Chow to come with him) before I'd take Stoops

David

Stoops doesn't have an offensive system? You must not have seen enough OU games. When Stoops won the first national championship, OU had a spread offense which was nearly identical to that of Spurrier's system. Mike Leach and Mark Mangino were the offensive coordinators back then. Both of those coaches favored a very Spurrier like spread offense. Leach coaches at Texas Tech if you want an example. Since then, Chuck Long has been our offensive coordinator and the offense has been completely revamped. They have ran the ball more every season since he has been there. I hardly see how you can say OU's system even resembles Spurrier's system now. Heck, their offense is drastically different from last year's offense let alone the year before that. I think this is a positive aspect about Stoops' coaching is how flexible he is. Most coaches would not have endured such a dramatic change to their offense in just 4 years.

About his interviews, I agree in that Stoops is arrogant as hell. Max Kellerman interviewed him on Fox's IMAX and I couldn't believe how incredibly short and condescending Stoops was with Max. And Max was not grilling him or anything. I don't know if you have seen IMAX but its a jovial show much like Pardon the Interruption. It's laid back and chill, I would have expected Stoops to lighten up. That being said, I wouldn't say Stoops is a moron by any means. He is very intelligent.