Stop believing the “process” sales pitch

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fan anger and frustration this off-season as the Jones circus adds yet another ring to the show is palpable. After another frustrating end to what seemed like a promising season, the NFL’s most nepotistic front office shows its capable of going even lower this year.

By now we all know the Jones sales “process”-
  1. Overrate their own talent, then overpaying its perceived “stars”.
  2. Use the “we can’t afford top free agents because of the cap” excuse. Meanwhile, competent front offices like the rams, chiefs, packers, bucs, and many others somehow find a way to add quality FAs under the same cap rules.
  3. Draft a few good players, then fall in love with all of them (“We like our guys”)
  4. Sell it HARD to the fans starting at training camp that “this team is a contender”. Follow that up with JJ and SJ’s stupid weekly radio “shows” to continue the sales job.
  5. If the team wins early in the season, start the “Super Bowl talk”. If they lose, start the “excuse train”. Especially undermining the HC. He can become the scapegoat.
  6. Wash, rinse, repeat.
But here’s how we can all maintain our Cowboys fandom along with some of our own credibility- stop buying the sales pitch. Just adopt this philosophy: I WILL BELIEVE IT WHEN IT HAPPENS.

If the Cowboys ever do anything worthy of respect again, when it happens, we can all enjoy it. Because if it does happen with these Bozos in charge it will be because Lady Luck had sweet mercy on us fans. Until then, it’s ok to be a fan who loves the team but can’t stand the clowns in charge or the pathetic sales job they throw out every year.

75boyz

Reaction score
The fan anger and frustration this off-season as the Jones circus adds yet another ring to the show is palpable. After another frustrating end to what seemed like a promising season, the NFL’s most nepotistic front office shows its capable of going even lower this year.

2. Use the “we can’t afford top free agents because of the cap” excuse. Meanwhile, competent front offices like the rams, chiefs, packers, bucs, and many others somehow find a way to add quality FAs under the same cap rules.
  3. Draft a few good players, then fall in love with all of them (“We like our guys”)
  4. Sell it HARD to the fans starting at training camp that “this team is a contender”. Follow that up with JJ and SJ’s stupid weekly radio “shows” to continue the sales job.
  5. If the team wins early in the season, start the “Super Bowl talk”. If they lose, start the “excuse train”. Especially undermining the HC. He can become the scapegoat.
  6. Wash, rinse, repeat.
But here’s how we can all maintain our Cowboys fandom along with some of our own credibility- stop buying the sales pitch. Just adopt this philosophy: I WILL BELIEVE IT WHEN IT HAPPENS.

If the Cowboys ever do anything worthy of respect again, when it happens, we can all enjoy it. Because if it does happen with these Bozos in charge it will be because Lady Luck had sweet mercy on us fans. Until then, it’s ok to be a fan who loves the team but can’t stand the clowns in charge or the pathetic sales job they throw out every year.

All of this is so true.

But I still get a kick.out of those rare few here of the Jones Defense Team ilk.
While I believe they may actually be on the Jones payroll to explain their hysterical posts, I still find reading their rationalizations, err..excuses, as comedic gold.

jmo

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All of this is so true.

But I still get a kick.out of those rare few here of the Jones Defense Team ilk.
While I believe they may actually be on the Jones payroll to explain their hysterical posts, I still find reading their rationalizations, err..excuses, as comedic gold.

jmo
On the old Cowboys forum on the team site, I 100% believed there were several people posting who were “on the payroll”.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

6. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Funny thing is if the Cowboys didn’t re-sign their “perceived stars” those same guys would be the best players on the free agent market. I don’t know them for not going into free agency because those players rarely work out you spend big money on. But I would not be opposed to the Robert Quinn type trades or trading for a Orlando Brown.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The first part of #5 won't happen. Dak has trouble hitting his receivers, and now they have lost the best one they had on the roster. The first part of 2018 is going to be repeated.

On the old Cowboys forum on the team site, I 100% believed there were several people posting who were “on the payroll”.

I bet you all of them followed us over here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The first part of #5 won't happen. Dak has trouble hitting his receivers, and now they have lost the best one they had on the roster. The first part of 2018 is going to be repeated.
And you will be there tuning in and spending your work check on the Cowboys next season lol.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
So instead of watching some Eddie Murphy or Richard Pryor movies you come on this site to get kicks and giggles? I ALMOST feel sorry for you but you bring it on yourself.
I do feel sorry for you because of the blind love for at the best an average QB that is destroying the cowboys. oh well, to each their own.

morasp

Reaction score
Watch the Jets or some other bottom team be the next team to make it to the Super Bowl before the Cowboys.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Yawn….you spend your time on this site just to say “Dak is average”….it’s just so tired…..why don’t you tag him or Tad maybe you can get off that way? You might get some attention from Tad?
and yet you "have" to respond because it hurts your feelings. smh.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

6. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I don’t think anyone has believed it for years.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think anyone has believed it for years.
That “Stayjum” is full every home game. Jersey sales, etc continue to be high. Fans throw away the only power they have- the power over their own wallet.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That “Stayjum” is full every home game. Jersey sales, etc continue to be high. Fans throw away the only power they have- the power over their own wallet.
The "stayjum" is filled with a lot of the opposing teams fans!!