Stop Shady

kruddy

Duffer
Reaction score
If we can slow down Mc Shady will we win, I think so. # 10 is good but we have taken him out before; however if we don't stop the run we will lose. Mc Shady is their best player bar none, possibly the best in the league

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If we can slow down Mc Shady will we win, I think so. # 10 is good but we have taken him out before; however if we don't stop the run we will lose. Mc Shady is their best player bar none, possibly the best in the league

I agree he makes up the largest part of their offense. Both as a RB and receiver.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Stop the big pass plays and we win,dont fixate on McCoy.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Shady is important but I don't think we need to completely stop him. I think we need to completely take their WRs out of the game and just make sure we tackle well on Shady. Shady's going to get his. We just need to make sure he sticks to the value menu and doesn't cross the street to eat off the menu at the Steak and Lobster Palace.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Dallas can't overlook areas but they can't let Philly number 1 weapon go crazy on us. Philly will get him the ball more than any player out there Dallas has to slow him down

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Cover your assignments.
If they cover their assignments to the best of their abilities, They'll be OK.

IF they cover their assignments...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cover your assignments.
If they cover their assignments to the best of their abilities, They'll be OK.

IF they cover their assignments...

That's kind of the problem IMO. Philly has more speed on Offense then we do on Defense. I don't think we can stick with all of them but I do think we can pick something and take it away. Then, you just make sure that you do a good job on the other in the way of tackling and not let it kill you with the big plays.

My .02

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That's kind of the problem IMO. Philly has more speed on Offense then we do on Defense. I don't think we can stick with all of them but I do think we can pick something and take it away. Then, you just make sure that you do a good job on the other in the way of tackling and not let it kill you with the big plays.

My .02

I in no way disagree with that.
I worry about attacking Claiborne with short passes to McCoy to his side- counting on Shady breaking Claiborne's weak tackles.
Something to look for...

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Prediction: Nevis will be huge in this game vs the run. This dude seems very explosive. I counted several plays vs Skins where he was constantly in the backfield. But he was either held or tackled (with no calls). This scheme fits his skillset to a tee.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I agree. He's too good. He's going to get his. But his biggest game of the season was 190 yards and a touch against a really bad WAS defense. That's obviously hugely productive, but if we're moving the ball like we should be able to, we can live with half of their offense running through a RB.

I think we're going to see strip-fumbles past the LoS feature in this game, one way or another. I expect a ton of big plays from both offenses, too. But I'm a lot less worried about them running the ball than I am about their screen game and their TEs.

Questfor6

Reaction score
I got him on my Fantasy team but I always would take a Boys win rather than a Fantasy win.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I think the eagles are going to see a pass rush that they have not seen yet. The Cowboys will stop the run.

And the new backfield is going to create confusion for which ever QB of theirs starts. I think the offense can do their job.

Then comes coaching, and weather, crowd noise...travel. A road game?

I think this team has a good chance to come home with a win.

jday

Reaction score

Everything that has been said up to this point likely merits consideration...I couldn't tell you for sure because I didn't take time to read it because I already know what is going to happen. The Cowboys are going to live and die by the Eagles offenses mistakes or lack thereof. They mainly will rush four defenders from the DL to try and get to the ball carrier or force a QB error. They will for the most part give up the dink and dunk, which means we will likely see alot of "McShady" in space. Kiffen will be betting his linebackers will be able to close quickly and make the sure tackle. Much of the Cowboys win chances depend on that. In terms of trying to take specific players out of the game, outside of typical over the top coverage, I really don't see them making a effort for any specific player, since the Eagles have several with take it to the house from anywhere on the field ability.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I think he's a hell of a player and he's laid down some cuts this year that are amazing. I really wish he didn't play for Philly. Not only so Dallas didn't have to face him but it seems like once you put that uniform on you become a huge dousche.

Freddie Mitchel
Desean Jackson
McNabb
Riley Cooper was likely a dousche before going to Philly but he counts.
For some reason I didn't like LJ Smith.
Jeremiah Trotter's head was douschingly big.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I think the eagles are going to see a pass rush that they have not seen yet. The Cowboys will stop the run.

And the new backfield is going to create confusion for which ever QB of theirs starts. I think the offense can do their job.

Then comes coaching, and weather, crowd noise...travel. A road game?

I think this team has a good chance to come home with a win.

They have played Kansas City.

Romo2Ogletree

Reaction score
We actually have one of the best run defenses in the NFL, but with all the injuries I can see LeSean having a 100 yard game.

Nick Foles will most definately have 300 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Ganja

Reaction score
Shady is important but I don't think we need to completely stop him. I think we need to completely take their WRs out of the game and just make sure we tackle well on Shady. Shady's going to get his. We just need to make sure he sticks to the value menu and doesn't cross the street to eat off the menu at the Steak and Lobster Palace.

Pretty much on the money. They shut out the downfield passing game and limited McCoy by not allowing the big homerun!