Stop the Narrative of McCarthy is a Bad Coach

Mr_437

Reaction score
Narrative???

How about the truth? McCarthy COST the team games making dumb calls. Nobody in there right mind is gonna be singing Mike's praises, and no excuses from you apologists.

cowboygo

Reaction score
Prescott is a winner?

What has he won?

Winner's win things.. Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Mahomes, and Russel Wilson.. Now those are winners.

Dak is very normal.
Its easy to point out winners after the fact.

JustChip

Reaction score
McCarthy is a questionable, maybe bad, coach because of the decisions he made here, not because of what happened in GB. The most glaringly bad decision was hiring Nolan. Then his in-game decisions were absolutely mind boggling, especially the fake on 4th and 11 from your own 30 in the 4th qtr. at home down by 4.

This year was a very unusual year with the pandemic so I’m willing to see what next season brings. But there needs to be vast, not marginal, improvement, like winning the East with a WINNING record.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of his inability to get to more Super Bowls with Rodgers. They got a brand new coach and supposedly it's all better now for Rodgers and look at what happened? The same exact thing. Rodgers choking in NFC title games.

I am not saying McCarthy is some great coach but stop with the narrative that he is bad because of how little success he had with Rodgers.

Rodgers is a regular season front runner. When defenses are looser and offense is much easier to come by. This guy folds over and over in big games. And McCarthy was blamed for it all. New coach comes in and same thing.

And this new HC wonder boy many on here slobber over, made a huge bone headed mistake by kicking the FG. Not going for the TD.
That is something Garrett did.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
The MM we saw in Dallas in 2020 was not the same MM we saw in Green Bay. Green Bay under MM was always considered a well coached team until a certain prima donna QB turned the locker room against him and the rest of the coaching staff. I did not think Dallas in 2020 looked well coached. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt based on the wacked out offseason and see what this team looks like in 2021.

Motorola

Reaction score
You don’t get it. We had a team in turmoil after the first rookie season. You lost your starting center wide receiver Tight end Running back in suspension. Yeah that’s all Prescott’s fault. Defense that sucked. Just got 35 points you think you win a game. You don’t want to get it
Travis Frederick missed the 2018 season with his syndrome ---not 2017.
He started and played in every game; was named to his 5th straight Pro Bowl.

Last edited:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Of his inability to get to more Super Bowls with Rodgers. They got a brand new coach and supposedly it's all better now for Rodgers and look at what happened? The same exact thing. Rodgers choking in NFC title games.

I am not saying McCarthy is some great coach but stop with the narrative that he is bad because of how little success he had with Rodgers.

Rodgers is a regular season front runner. When defenses are looser and offense is much easier to come by. This guy folds over and over in big games. And McCarthy was blamed for it all. New coach comes in and same thing.

He is not a bad coach.

He could be very good as a high school waterboy.

But what else would DC get as a coach.

Noibody else would sign here.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Prescott is a winner?

What has he won?

Winner's win things.. Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Mahomes, and Russel Wilson.. Now those are winners.

Dak is very normal.

Please point out the reasons, each QB named won, please.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Travis Frederick missed the 2018 season with his syndrome ---not 2017.
He started and played in every game; was named to his 5th straight Pro Bowl.
Yeah so. We missed our starting center tight end and wide receiver all in the same season. Freddie Bryant Jason

JayFord

Reaction score
He lost an entire offensive line and a starting QB and the defense had a multitude of injuries

not many coaches are winning under that scenario ill give him another year but if hes not in the playoffs its time to look elsewhere

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

He’s sucks

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well that’s why I think they won.

I understand "what you think" but that analysis does not explain why they win. I believe Romo, being on a better team, would have won a championship. Rodgers, only has one, but he has been called elite for the past ten years. Why did he lose last week? Elite, good coach, got his money. Like I stated earlier, Brady, would not be in our conversation if one: he was not drafted by the Patriots, and two: he was not gifted that fumble against the Raiders. That is just my opinion.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
McCarthy may be a washed up coach. People can spin what they want but he did a terrible job this season. The last three seasons he’s coached were losing seasons. He was losing games with Aaron Rodgers as his QB. With some of the coaches he brought in being fired his seat is already getting hot.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I understand "what you think" but that analysis does not explain why they win. I believe Romo, being on a better team, would have won a championship. Rodgers, only has one, but he has been called elite for the past ten years. Why did he lose last week? Elite, good coach, got his money. Like I stated earlier, Brady, would not be in our conversation if one: he was not drafted by the Patriots, and two: he was not gifted that fumble against the Raiders. That is just my opinion.

Well yeah I think Romo could’ve won on a better team too but he didn’t.. Maybe he shouldn’t have prioritized making that kind of money.

Some of it is Jerry’s fault too for deciding to go the Jason Garrett route while he was here.

This is a league wide problem though.

There is a ton of QBs who will get you to the same place and the difference between all of them is the team around them.

So unless I have a elite QB my resources are going into team building and not overpaying a good QB like he is elite.