Storyline no one is talking about...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
THeir is an interesting storyline no one is mentioning this week because of the resident prima donna's nonsense.

Mike zimmer.

Zimmer is the d-coordinator in cincy and they are actually playing pretty decent. I would imagine he knows a thing or two about witten, romo, crayton and our offensive line.

This might be a tighter game than many are expecting. I would imagine he will blitz a ton and rough up owens at the line with leon hall.

I am scared of carson palmer vs our defense as it is. It seems our defense can not beat a competent qb and palmer qualifies, injured or not.

0-4 does not matter to me. I suspect they will be loose and take chances for big plays on both sides of the ball and if we are tight and make mistakes early this would be a bad game to have to come from behind.

on the flipside of that, I have no idea how they can matchup with witten and austin is ready for a huge game I think. Austin was open sunday for a big td and romo didnt see him. I guarantee after watching the game in meetings they see that and run that again.

anyway, zimmer is one of the most disrespected and hated people I have seen talked about on this board since I joined and I think many have forgotten he is the coordinator in Cincy. He knows our personnel and may make this a tough game.

ok, back to romos wedding and owens crying.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Prepare to be "occupied and engaged" on Sunday.

I wonder what ever happened to that poster?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Carson is a throwback to the pocket passer. The "pocket passing" QB's are
soon to be extinct(and we are trying to make Romo one - go figure). We will get to him. We will always know where to find him. Thats bad for him.

Think about it.... when did a pocket passer win the SB last. You cant count Brady because they could pass protect him when the knew the defenses... then they play the Giants(with no cheating) and all of a sudden.... Brady doesnt have any protection... hmmmm.....

Eli evaded a sack to win that SB. MO-BIL-ITY.

Romo has got to get back to it.

Back to Carson - we probably knock him out of the game.

TEK2000

Reaction score
I just hope we see our key offensive players moving around. Put Owens in motion and it'll negate the jam that he couldn't get away from last week.

I'm still dumbfounded on why we didn't dictate the matchups to the defense and allowed them to dictate the matchups to us.

There were 2 or 3 plays that I remember where we used motion... every one of them was a big play for us.

The entire defense must play better than they did against the Commanders. I'm sure Newman will not play even close to that poorly the rest of the season.

Kilyin

Reaction score
YoMick;2303313 said:
Think about it.... when did a pocket passer win the SB last.

Uhh... you can't be serious? I think the real question would be when was the last time a scrambling QB won a SB?

Eli Manning is a pocket passer, btw..

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
YoMick;2303313 said:
soon to be extinct(and we are trying to make Romo one - go figure). We will get to him. We will always know where to find him. Thats bad for him.

Think about it.... when did a pocket passer win the SB last. You cant count Brady because they could pass protect him when the knew the defenses... then they play the Giants(with no cheating) and all of a sudden.... Brady doesnt have any protection... hmmmm.....

Eli evaded a sack to win that SB. MO-BIL-ITY.

Romo has got to get back to it.

Back to Carson - we probably knock him out of the game.

So a pocket passer has to be someone who never evaded a sack?? And now you can't count Brady because he had protection??? Give me a pocket passer than can run when needed, over an "athletic" running back passer who has to throw it once in a while, any day of the week.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score

Peyton Manning

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
This team is going to be great against pocket QBs. Any QB that can break arm tackles will eat us up. Ask Donny and Jason.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
theebs;2303302 said:
Zimmer is the d-coordinator in cincy and they are actually playing pretty decent. I would imagine he knows a thing or two about witten, romo, crayton and our offensive line.

Zimmer had half a season with Romo as the starter. He never had Crayton used as he is and at the 2 slot. Witten, sure, but everyone knows what they are getting when Witten comes to town. Barber wasn't used the same and he still may be thinking of Julius instead of Felix. What I am saying is that this offense is completely different with Garrett behind it and enough has changed that I don't think Zimmer has too much of an insiders view anymore. I am not worried about Zimmer out game planning us.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
YoMick;2303313 said:

XLII: Eli
XLI: Peyton
XL: Roethlisberger
XXXIX: Brady
XXXVIII: Brady
XXXVII: Johnson
XXXVI: Brady
XXXV: Dilfer
XXXIV: Warner
XXXII: Elway... ok, I might be able to be talked into giving you Elway.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
YoMick;2303313 said:

Pocket Passers who won the Super Bowl in recent years:

1) Eli Manning in 2007
2) Peyton Manning in 2006
3) Ben Roethlisberger in 2005
4) Tom Brady in 2004, 2003, and 2001
5) Brad Johnson in 2002
6) Trent Dilfer in 2000
7) Kurt Warner in 1999

Hmmm...I think the real question is when was the last time a mobile QB won the Super Bowl? You can argue Elway in 1998 and 1997, but he wasn't as mobile at that time as in his youth. Favre in 1996? Hardly.

Aikman? I don't think so.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Bengals defense is in the bottom half of the league. Not sure where you got the idea they're playing pretty 'decent'.

I'm not worried about Mike Zimmer, he's about on par with Brian Stewart.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2303334 said:
Zimmer had half a season with Romo as the starter. He never had Crayton used as he is and at the 2 slot. Witten, sure, but everyone knows what they are getting when Witten comes to town. Barber wasn't used the same and he still may be thinking of Julius instead of Felix. What I am saying is that this offense is completely different with Garrett behind it and enough has changed that I don't think Zimmer has too much of an insiders view anymore. I am not worried about Zimmer out game planning us.

I disagree. His defense practiced against adams gurode and columbo over and over. the only difference on the line is davis. Crayton has been playing at his current rate since 05. He knows all about our offense. This cincy team if it gives a darn sunday should know what is coming. That might not matter but if they are all amped up this could be a battle.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2303334 said:

:hammer: :bengals:

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
YoMick;2303313 said:

Think about it... When did a scrambling QB ever win the SB?

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
theebs;2303348 said:
I disagree. His defense practiced against adams gurode and columbo over and over. the only difference on the line is davis. Crayton has been playing at his current rate since 05. He knows all about our offense. This cincy team if it gives a darn sunday should know what is coming. That might not matter but if they are all amped up this could be a battle.

Hudson has this line playing different. Garrett has Owens and Crayton playing different and Austin is a different threat all together. The combo of Julius and then Barber to finish them off is different than Barber and then the change of pace to Felix. I just think he would have more of a "feel" for stopping the current Miami team than the current Dallas team.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Bungarian;2303358 said:
Think about it... When did a scrambling QB ever win the SB?

I think you could count Steve Young and Elway in there but they were far from not being pocket passers. They were just also insanely good at scrambling (when they needed to). I would never consider Eli a scrambling QB, though. Lol.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2303361 said:
Hudson has this line playing different. Garrett has Owens and Crayton playing different and Austin is a different threat all together. The combo of Julius and then Barber to finish them off is different than Barber and then the change of pace to Felix. I just think he would have more of a "feel" for stopping the current Miami team than the current Dallas team.

Umm. Zimmer was a coach here for 13 seasons. You do realize he was coach on this team when we were winning superbowls, with the offense we are essentially playing now. There are differences, but zimmer knows garret.

All I am saying is he knows our personnel very well. Especially our top 3 threats, romo, witten and owens.

I think that matters. Does it mean we will lose, no. Does it mean that he maybe able to take somethings away that we like to do, yea to me it does. He is aggressive and likes to gamble, sometimes you can make some stuff happen that way, especially when you know the personnel as well as he does.

Now again, Their linebackers are so poor that we might be able to tell them the plays and have success, but if palmer is in rhythm on sunday and it is a shootout that might be a dangerous situation.

and I disagree about crayton and barber. He knows all about them.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
theebs;2303373 said:
Umm. Zimmer was a coach here for 13 seasons. You do realize he was coach on this team when we were winning superbowls, with the offense we are essentially playing now. There are differences, but zimmer knows garret.

All I am saying is he knows our personnel very well. Especially our top 3 threats, romo, witten and owens.

I think that matters. Does it mean we will lose, no. Does it mean that he maybe able to take somethings away that we like to do, yea to me it does. He is aggressive and likes to gamble, sometimes you can make some stuff happen that way, especially when you know the personnel as well as he does.

Now again, Their linebackers are so poor that we might be able to tell them the plays and have success, but if palmer is in rhythm on sunday and it is a shootout that might be a dangerous situation.

and I disagree about crayton and barber. He knows all about them.

Then Garret should have a bead on Zimmer. I think Cincy could be tough but we should beat them and if we don't then we just aren't a good football team.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
theebs;2303373 said:
He knows all about them.

To know is one thing...to have players with the talent to execute a gameplan based on what Zimmer knows is another thing altogether. That's where the Bengals are lacking.