Storyline no one is talking about...

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
I honestly don't know how to disagree with you without it seeming like me saying you are wrong. You could very well be right but I disagree that it will be that much of a benefit for them. That is all. Impossible to prove one way or the other. this team we have is the one he is use to under Parcel's and I feel it is being run completely different than when Parcel's was here. The coaching he compare back to us had Aikman, Emmitt and Irvin. As I said, I just don't feel it to be that much of a concern. I am more worried about facing a team that does not want to be 0-5 rather than facinf what Zimmer may or may not plan for. Our wife came home and slapped us in the face. We are going to take it out on our mistress this Sunday.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
All I know is that Zimmer was horrible when he was here, we always gave up big demoralizing third downs and the QB's always escaped pressure to make plays. Wait a minute.....

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Joe Rod;2303389 said:
All I know is that Zimmer was horrible when he was here, we always gave up big demoralizing third downs and the QB's always escaped pressure to make plays. Wait a minute.....

I caught that ;)

khiladi

Reaction score
YoMick;2303313 said:
Carson is a throwback to the pocket passer. The "pocket passing" QB's are
soon to be extinct(and we are trying to make Romo one - go figure). We will get to him. We will always know where to find him. Thats bad for him.

The pocket-passer will never be extinct. The ball travels way faster than any QB. Brady and Manning are the best QBs in the league, and they are pocket-passers. Now Cutler is coming into his own...

Boysboy

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about this game. Yes, they pushed the Giants into OT, however-alot of it was b/c Coughlin stucked too much with the run game, and as a result, they had alot of redzone woes. If they had opened up the pass a bit more, it would have been a double digit Giants win.

Pt being that I can't imagine us settling for FGs more times than not when we get into the redzone.

I think we'll be fine this weekend. Even if this is the Bengals, we win, guys like Calvin and BSPN will get off our backs(at least for a week).

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Kilyin;2303325 said:
Uhh... you can't be serious? I think the real question would be when was the last time a scrambling QB won a SB?

Eli Manning is a pocket passer, btw..

I quote all of your posts because you are all right in the conventional sense.

Eli needed mobility to win the SB.

Velvet Jones;2303330 said:
So a pocket passer has to be someone who never evaded a sack?? And now you can't count Brady because he had protection??? Give me a pocket passer than can run when needed, over an "athletic" running back passer who has to throw it once in a while, any day of the week.

I agree there. We could have that in Romo and we dont... currently.

DCBoysfan;2303331 said:
Peyton Manning

Velvet Jones;2303341 said:
XLII: Eli
XLI: Peyton
XL: Roethlisberger
XXXIX: Brady
XXXVIII: Brady
XXXVII: Johnson
XXXVI: Brady
XXXV: Dilfer
XXXIV: Warner
XXXII: Elway... ok, I might be able to be talked into giving you Elway.

Don Corleone;2303343 said:
Pocket Passers who won the Super Bowl in recent years:

1) Eli Manning in 2007
2) Peyton Manning in 2006
3) Ben Roethlisberger in 2005
4) Tom Brady in 2004, 2003, and 2001
5) Brad Johnson in 2002
6) Trent Dilfer in 2000
7) Kurt Warner in 1999

Hmmm...I think the real question is when was the last time a mobile QB won the Super Bowl? You can argue Elway in 1998 and 1997, but he wasn't as mobile at that time as in his youth. Favre in 1996? Hardly.

Aikman? I don't think so.
Peyton played the Grossman Bears.
Roth - is mobile
Brady - cheated otherwise who knows
Johnson - His coach knew all the plays - cheated
Dilfer - bus driver beta - defense won SB
Warner - yes

Bungarian;2303358 said:
Think about it... When did a scrambling QB ever win the SB?

My point is mobility is key. Conventional thinking is out the door. Soon!

khiladi;2303454 said:
The pocket-passer will never be extinct. The ball travels way faster than any QB. Brady and Manning are the best QBs in the league, and they are pocket-passers. Now Cutler is coming into his own...

Not so fast.
Time will tell... it could happen. It may be happening now.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
The only issue I have are that you seem to have convenient reasons to dismiss the pocket passers. And with NE, wasn't it the defense that knew the offenses plays? Long day so I can't really remember but defenses play to the offense that is being shown.

Simply, you asked when was that last time a pocket passer won and you were given many :p:

Again, I can't really focus today but I can't recall but one play where Romo could have ran for more than what he completed the pass for. I think he has improved his pocket passing technique without bailing on the scrambling ability. To me, you only scramble to avoid a negative play or to get some postive yards when a play breaks down or you have checked down. Running for the sake of running is for your RB.