Strahan's Wife Gets Restraining Order

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
There has been some speculation he would be released by the NYFG...

Strahan's Wife Gets Restraining Order
By PAUL SCHWARTZ

March 14, 2005 --
Giants defensive end Michael Strahan was issued a temporary restraining order to stay away from his wife, Jean, after a verbal argument last Thursday night at the couple's Montclair, N.J., home.

The Giants last night confirmed a report in The Montclair Times that Strahan was charged with harassment by his wife.

"Michael has made us fully aware of the allegations," Pat Hanlon, the Giants' vice president of communications, told The Post last night. "This situation is a private family matter for Michael and his wife and Michael has said he will conduct himself accordingly. We are supportive of the Strahans and wish to respect their privacy."

According to the Montclair Times, police responded to a March 10 call by Jean Strahan and arrived at the Strahan residence at 8:20 p.m. She was brought to police headquarters, where she signed the complaint. Judge Ernest Booker issued the temporary restraining order.

David Sabagh, the Montclair Police Chief, told the Times that about two hours later, Michael Strahan, accompanied by his attorney, turned himself in and was released without bail being set.

The incident is considered a domestic violence case, which will likely be heard in family court in Newark.

Strahan, 33, has been with the Giants his entire 12-year NFL career. He is scheduled to make $5.25 million in salary this coming season.​

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Maybe its to get away from his offensive underarm body odor. :rolleyes:

conner01

Reaction score
he was arrest for a "verbal argument" with his wife? that seems a little silly.what married person has'nt had a argument with there wife?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
conner01 said:
he was arrest for a "verbal argument" with his wife? that seems a little silly.what married person has'nt had a argument with there wife?

I agree. Seems a lil silly for me, unless part of the argument included verbal threats like "I'll kill you, b****" or "I'll kick ur a**" That'll make me call the police in a heartbeat. I've known too many women not to take threats seriously and are no longer here to talk about it, feel me?

On the other hand, she could be setting herself up for a good divorce settlement.

conner01

Reaction score
just think for what his lawyer fee's will be on this deal he coulod fix his front teeth.lol

i know physical threats are very serious and probably more so when dealing with athlete's.hopefully they can work it out.i believe they have some little kids

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
conner01 said:

What other type of arguments are there other than verbal? I suppose he could have demonstrated a slideshow or something.

cowboy101

Reaction score
Well we do not know how heated the conversation got. She may have feared for her safety. You know he is a pretty big man.

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
Shes probably banging another guy, the ***** probably deserves a good slap in the mouth

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
You know if he beats her like Warren Moon did with his wife I say sign him in Dallas we need to get back to that criminal elimant that won us super bowls

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe he & the Mrs. can do another "home restoration" show for TV... this time they can show them fixing all the holes in the walls and the busted up furniture.

I've always had a dislike for that gap-toothed bastid anyway.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
HAHA

no that was Jeremy Shockey!!

:jints:

Are you still waiting for the press conference where we're going to announce we resigned Quincy, the one that you heard about that day in Dallas a few months ago? ;)

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
I dont think weve heard the last of Quincy Carter just yet. It probably wont be in dallas , who knows but i think Carter one day will overcome all this mess hes gone through and bring a team to the superbowl.

I just have a strange feeling he will be a superbowl winning qb .