Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Interesting tidbit in his PC today.

Not that I care.

Just found it amusing.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The real issue is that the SD front three gets great pressure all the time. Ours doesn't -- but there is hope with Spears and Canty being so young.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
If Ware is as good as Merriman then he NEEDS to get to QB more often.... close is only good in horseshoes....

No more Mr. Nice Guy

ravidubey

Reaction score
Doomsday said:
Sounds like BP is trying to light a fire under Ware.

Ditto, he doesn't like reading an article with Ware making excuses for not having the same production. Of course Dallas drops Ware into coverage more than SD, but the sacks statistics at the end of the year don't care about that.

Roy, Newman, and Ware need to start aggressively making plays and dominating games. It's not enough to sit back in your assignment.

TEK2000

Reaction score
ravidubey said:
Ditto, he doesn't like reading an article with Ware making excuses for not having the same production. Of course Dallas drops Ware into coverage more than SD, but the sacks statistics at the end of the year don't care about that.

Roy, Newman, and Ware need to start aggressively making plays and dominating games. It's not enough to sit back in your assignment.

Roy isn't doing that already? :eek::

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Jeeze...you have a game where you pressure the QB everytime they decide to block you with a RB and now we have to hear your name every single game.

I REPEAT ZONERS - WATCH THE OAKLAND GAME. HE WAS BEING BLOCKED BY A RB. A RUNNING BACK. A RUNNING BACK WHO ISN'T AN OFFENSIVE LINEMAN.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Jeeze...you have a game where you pressure the QB everytime they decide to block you with a RB and now we have to hear your name every single game.

I REPEAT ZONERS - WATCH THE OAKLAND GAME. HE WAS BEING BLOCKED BY A RB. A RUNNING BACK. A RUNNING BACK WHO ISN'T AN OFFENSIVE LINEMAN.

He should be tossing the RB around like a ragdoll.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
YoMick said:
He should be tossing the RB around like a ragdoll.

And yet we haven't played a team stupid enough to try that crap against Ware, so we have the lesser of the two.:rolleyes:

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:

But here is the question Crown. I love Ware, but I think it is time we stop making excuses for the kid. We say Merriman always rushes the passer, yet he had an interception last week. Couldn't have been rushing the passer to have an interception. If we are dropping Ware back in coverage alot more, it would stand to reason we would have good results with it. But has Ware ever had an interception?? No.

In coverage all the time, but no picks. Less sacks. The numbers are obvious here. We need him to be a game changer, and gamechangers cause havoc and turnovers. We have yet to see that from Ware, other than the Carolina game.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:

I mentioned that the day I saw the game.. On a side note, the sack Ware got a couple of weeks ago, had a RB trying to block him.. But on tons of occasions, Ware is completely over powering OTs.. I like that.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze said:
But here is the question Crown. I love Ware, but I think it is time we stop making excuses for the kid. We say Merriman always rushes the passer, yet he had an interception last week. Couldn't have been rushing the passer to have an interception. If we are dropping Ware back in coverage alot more, it would stand to reason we would have good results with it. But has Ware ever had an interception?? No.

In coverage all the time, but no picks. Less sacks. The numbers are obvious here. We need him to be a game changer, and gamechangers cause havoc and turnovers. We have yet to see that from Ware, other than the Carolina game.

I hope this is a joke. Ware has a sack that he got going against a ProBowl LT. All three of Merriman's sacks are against a running back. If you can't see the difference, I can't tell what you are watching.

Second - Ware wreaked havoc in two games, even if his sacks didn't show it.

Third - If we brought Ware in here to make interceptions, then we seriously drafted him for the wrong reason. it isn't as if Merriman is going to get 11y billion of those this season. We'll see - we do play that same team next week.

We played a good team and a putrid team and Ware played well against both, dominant against the Putrid. Merriman dominated against 2 of the worst teams in the league.

It's still a wash.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
I can't imagine if these boards had been around when Aikman was a rookie...

LOL, probably would have looked alot like a board about Carr.

All I'm saying is that I know the stats that Adam has put up for the kid, fine. But the coverage thing, I mean if he is in coverage more, why does he have no interceptions, and 1, count it, 1 pass defenced for his entire career. Merriman has an interception and 5 or 7 passes defensed (depending on where you look), but he is supposed to always be rushing the passer.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
I hope this is a joke. Ware has a sack that he got going against a ProBowl LT. All three of Merriman's sacks are against a running back. If you can't see the difference, I can't tell what you are watching.

Second - Ware wreaked havoc in two games, even if his sacks didn't show it.

Third - If we brought Ware in here to make interceptions, then we seriously drafted him for the wrong reason. it isn't as if Merriman is going to get 11y billion of those this season. We'll see - we do play that same team next week.

We played a good team and a putrid team and Ware played well against both, dominant against the Putrid. Merriman dominated against 2 of the worst teams in the league.

It's still a wash.

I know one of those sacks by Merriman was on Gallery, an LT, I know one of the others was by a RB. Not sure about the other one.

Anyway, I just hope you are right. Guess we will see soon.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze said:
I know one of those sacks by Merriman was on Gallery, an LT, I know one of the others was by a RB. Not sure about the other one.

Anyway, I just hope you are right. Guess we will see soon.

One was against Gallery. Now Gallery looks bad and that is not only when he goes up against Merriman. Still, he is a high draft pick tackle. Ware's sack was against a RB.

Ware is playing well this year and it has only been two games. No one should be complaining about his performance thus far. It is great that Merriman is doing well. I think that points to the Dallas scouting department doing a better job. They narrowed it down to two very good players and were able to land one. In years past, they would have come down to two sucky players and been stuck with one.

superpunk

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:

See sig.

Jeff Fisher knows.

How many sacks did the great one get against TEN, again?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
I can't imagine if these boards had been around when Aikman was a rookie...

LOL..........

"Aikman sucks. We totally missed on that pick. Can't believe we were stupid enough to pass up Mandrich for Aikman. But, there's hope. There is a kid playing Pop Warner right now by the name of Romo. He's got Moxie!!"

:laugh2: