Strange world

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
In a couple of weeks, we've seen Rick Mahorn be called a peacemaker.
Jerra gush about how he needs Glenn.
Now this, from an AP story:

(Quincy) Carter's understanding of the Dolphins' offense would seem to make him a good fit in Miami, which has struggled to get consistent quarterback play in training camp.

Why would Carter know Miami's offense when he couldn't grasp Dallas's?

Why?
:confused:

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2169791 said:

(Quincy) Carter's understanding of the Dolphins' offense would seem to make him a good fit in Miami, which has struggled to get consistent quarterback play in training camp.

Why?

Miami has no wrs so its basically drop back and throw wherever you want bc we expect no more than 5 wins.

And also just hand it to Ronnie and Ricky.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2169791 said:

Why?

Wow, a thread from Gimme without the fake radio station intro that always weirds me out/makes me cringe, yet keeps me coming back for more.

I just can't quit you.

Cowboys-1965

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be funny if Quincy was the comeback player of the year? Or funnier yet, the SB MVP?

Jerry Jones is a great owner, but one, "In you face" would be funny. Of course, Q-card can't possibly be anything but a junky. Everyone knows that someone doing drugs means that you are nothing but a complete loser...right?

I'm the biggest supporter of Romo, but Jerry screwed up with Q-Card.

A person who was on drugs does not make him or her a loser. It just means they are human. As long as some team owner out there can get over thier, "Holier than thou BS", maybe Quincy can be a great player?

I know, trash me because I believe people can overcome drugs. Go ahead

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboys-1965;2169807 said:
Wouldn't it be funny if Quincy was the comeback player of the year? Or funnier yet, the SB MVP?

Jerry Jones is a great owner, but one, "In you face" would be funny. Of course, Q-card can't possibly be anything but a junky. Everyone knows that someone doing drugs means that you are nothing but a complete loser...right?

A person who was on drugs does not him or her a loser. It just means they are human. As long as someone out there can get over thier, "Holier than thou BS", maybe Quincy can be a great player?

I know, trash me because I believe people can overcome drugs.

I agree with you to a point, Q was the QB of the dallas freaking cowboys though, not a safeway bagboy. And the ******* wasn't even on drugs he was on weed. Who the hell pisses away that kinda chance for some pot?

Its not the drugs, its that he is a complete halfwit.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

A person who was on drugs does not make him or her a loser. It just means they are human. As long as some team owner out there can get over thier, "Holier than thou BS", maybe Quincy can be a great player?

You have simplified it a bit. The guy went on to get into trouble with marijuana several times after leaving the Cowboys. Even second and third tier pro football leagues were giving him his release. There's more to it than Jerry Jones being holier-than-thou. In fact, that doesn't even apply. The Cowboys did what they had to do at that time. Best of luck to Quincy.

sago1

Reaction score
The bottom line is that no NFL owner rpt no NFL owner can afford to have the face of its franchise be a drug user/former drug user--certainly not a high profile team with legit playoff/SB ambitions. The NFL is a business and part of that business includes selling team merchandise. Players at other positions do get into trouble using drugs & then allowed to rehab, but none of them rpt none of them are starting QBs; i.e. the face of the franchise. Additionally any team who hopes to win/make the playoffs must be able to depend both mentally, emotionally and physically on the player who plays at the most important position on any team. That's why good QBs get the big bucks and are treated somewhat differently from their teammates but also much more is expected of them. Romo is the player the press comes to after we win games, or lose games, or just want to talk about the Cowboys. He and other good QBs aren't doing it because they love the publicity, etc. They do it because there is a clear understanding they must make themselves available to the press--both local and national cause it benefits teams if he comes across well.

Wish Quincy well for the Dolphins but even to kidding suggest he could be the MVP in the SB shows you don't understand the role QBs must play on the field and representing their team. Again the NFL is a business and it is bad business to have a starting QB with a drug problem--at least if it's the high profile Dallas Cowboys. We get more then our share of being accused of being thugs anyway.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
And do you forget when he was here he SUCKED BAD!

Sliding 2 yards short of a first down when no one is around him (time after time)? He's dumber than VY/6.

And he did not "lead us to the play-offs". The Team dragged him into the play-offs kicking and screaming. Q was like a herd of wild horses running the opposite way from the play-offs and our defense grabbed him around the weed bag and forced him to comply.

If we would have had that little guy Sweeney from our strike year playing QB we would have been better.

Eddie

Reaction score
Thankfully, we've moved on from the days of Quincy Carter. I wish him well, as I would any former Cowboy QB.

He wasn't prepared to play for us ... mentally as well as emotionally. He was thrust into the limelight much too early, and he couldn't cope with the pressure.

In light of that, he turned to pot as a release. This shows his mental weakness. The reason many scorn him is because he was willing to risk everything to satisfy this weakness. He took the gamble and lost big time.

I bare him no ill will, and wish him well. Maybe a more mature QC can handle the spot light of being an NFL QB. He should thank his uncle Bill that he's being given a final chance ... it's going to be his last.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
UVAwahoos;2169804 said:
Wow, a thread from Gimme without the fake radio station intro that always weirds me out/makes me cringe, yet keeps me coming back for more.

I just can't quit you.

OK, pal, just don't get too close.
:)

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
DanTanna;2170045 said:
And do you forget when he was here he SUCKED BAD!

Sliding 2 yards short of a first down when no one is around him (time after time)? He's dumber than VY/6.

And he did not "lead us to the play-offs". The Team dragged him into the play-offs kicking and screaming. Q was like a herd of wild horses running the opposite way from the play-offs and our defense grabbed him around the weed bag and forced him to comply.

If we would have had that little guy Sweeney from our strike year playing QB we would have been better.
That may be a bit harsh. Quincy's real problem...His problem on the field that is...was that he would panic when rushed and flushed from the pocket. That would cause him to throw into coverage and get picked. He tried to be what Tony Romo is and he didn't have Tony's gifts of sight and accuracy.

I don't think his weed problem started up (or restarted since he had it in college some) until they brought in Hutch and he started to feel insecure about his job. HE could be someone's decent backup if he can keep his head on straight...like just throw the ball away instead of throwing into coverage...and not go off in the weeds...so to speak.

rickwil61

Reaction score

Jerry Jones "Holier than thou"? Gimme a break. Jerry has shown several times that he will take a risk with someone who has something in their past. We haven't always benefited, but most of the time we have.

I think Jerry has shown that he will give someone a chance and do everything he can to help them be successful. However if that person doesn't hold up their end of the bargain then I don't think you can call Jerry "Holier than thou" because he holds them accountable.

Besides, I imagine Big Bill also had something to say about releasing Quincy.

I do wish Quincy the best and I do agree with you because I think people can overcome their problems, if it's drugs or whatever. But sometimes people need to hit bottom before they realize their need to change. Quincy getting cut was a wakeup call. I hope he makes the most of this opportunity.

cowboys2233

Reaction score

I'm sure Jerry and Co. hope Quincy Carter gets things straightened out as much as anyone, he'll just have to do it someplace else.

Quincy was given his chance with the Cowboys, it didn't work out, he needs to find another place of employment. Jerry is not running a drug-rehab center here. What's the problem again? Some might argue that if Jerry kept him aboard, he would actually be indirectly supporting Carter's drug use by looking the other way, enabling Carter to continue doing exactly what he had been doing.

But that's just some people. :puke: