Stream tonight ?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Hi.

Since NFL Network has a free stream of the game tonight it might be that the other sources like myp2p or justintv wont have alot or maybe even non stream to watch.

NFL Network is restricted to american viewers (even) when it's free to watch. Since i am from europe i am a little bit worried i wont be able to watch the game tonight.

Is there someone on the board who plans to stream the game tonight ? Stargazer, Cowboy81 ect.. ? I would appreciate it.

PS: as you can see it's early still i can't await the game to start. I am so anxious! I am happy the bye week is finaly over. :)

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Ok. I found this little information. Maybe some of you are interessted too.

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/nhl-icehockey/1180-how-change-proxy-working-proxies.html

A little explanation:

Proxies are a piece of software between your client (browser) and the server (from where you get the stream). The browser normaly sends your adress to the server. With that the server knows where you reside. With a proxie your browser sends all his requests to the proxy and the proxy handles all those requests for you. That means that for the server it doesn't sees yor adress (browsers adress). The proxy sends your requests as it's owns to the server. The server now is only able to see and therefore validate the proxies' adress. So if the proxie matches the requirements of the server (american adress yes/no) you can watch the stream even if you life outside america.

But since using a Proxy always means lowering the bandwidth (because proxies open to the public are often not financed by companies they have not the hardware to route a lot of data) i can't imagine that this will really provide a good stream. But i will give it a try.

Now Hotspotshield goes a little different way. This VPN tunnel thing is simplistic really nothing else then a proxie i explained above. So for my intention (to get another Adress) it will work. But Hotspotshield also advertises security for your data through their VPN tunnel. Now i would be a little carful with this. If you use this service all your data (eMail, Passwords) will be routed through Hotspotshield gateway. the route between your computer and the gateway is secure (crypted). but after the gateway your data must somehow reach the desired destination. and that destination (your eMail server for instance) needs your data decrypted. so Hotspotshield will decrypt your data after their gateway and send it to your email server unprotected.

That means two things:
1.) your data will be send through the public network unprotected anyway
2.) Hotspotshield's gateway is a centralized point where all your data can be read by the operator of Hotspotshield. I don't know nothing about them so i would be catious here.

I must admit i spend only a few mins to read about Hotspotshield. So i don't know everybit of how this whole thing works. I just wanted you to warn you if you are going to use this service for more then hiding your adress be careful with it and be sure about what you are doing.

Anyway if someone here decides to stream the game also i would highly appreciate it :)

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Tonights game is an NBC game. Why would you be concerned with the NFL Network? They don't have NBC in Europe?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Ultra Warrior;2420010 said:
They don't have NBC in Europe?

Maybe certain broadcasters have NBC in their package but i am not able to receive it. And even if i could receive it there are differences between the televised programm. That means NBC USA doesn't broadcast the same as NBC for the european region.

To make it short: TV is not an option for me and for most people overseas. Unless you receive NASN but then it's not given they broadcast the game you would like to see.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
I won't be broadcasting since it is well covered Nationally. And as for international viewers, there will be plenty of hosts at MyP2P. Since it is an evening event, Sopcast broadcasters won't be concerned with other games, so there will be plenty of streams. :D

Ren

Reaction score
Ultra Warrior;2420010 said:
They don't have NBC in Europe?

nope, we got their news channel but that's it, the game will be on quite a few European sports channels though anyone with cable should get it

Temo

Reaction score
There's always some dutch guys who broadcast teh dutch version of the game on myp2p. If you don't mind listening to it in a foreign language, of course.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
NFL.com is streaming the game for free. i watched last weeks game and it was pretty neat seeing all the different angles

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Temo;2420130 said:
There's always some dutch guys who broadcast teh dutch version of the game on myp2p. If you don't mind listening to it in a foreign language, of course.

I do mind. :p:

STAR GAZER;2420091 said:
I won't be broadcasting since it is well covered Nationally. And as for international viewers, there will be plenty of hosts at MyP2P. Since it is an evening event, Sopcast broadcasters won't be concerned with other games, so there will be plenty of streams. :D

Ok. Thanks for replying Stargazer. I hope you are right with the streams. My thinking was that when the game is already freely streamed by NFL Network then nobody will make himself the work to stream it also. Press your thumbs for me ;-)