Strength of Victory is a crappy tiebreaker

silvernblu

Reaction score
What are we supposed to do? Lose to bad teams? Beating them hurts you.

We may find we are actually rooting for Philly to beat some of the weak teams they are playing.

We need to root for every non common opponent team we beat to win every week. And for the Jets. We need to root for Arizona to lose every game since it will hurt Philly to beat them.

We need KC to keep losing.and Vikes and Bucs to lose.

The real tiebreaker should be point differential in victories.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I think Dallas should concentrate on their own business and let the chips elsewhere fall where they may. Whether you end up as the 1 or 5 seed, the seeding shouldn't matter if you're good enough. We all know the road is going to go through SF, so what better feeling can we get than beating their arses in their own house.

erod

Reaction score

We may find we are actually rooting for Philly to beat some of the weak teams they are playing.

We need to root for every non common opponent team we beat to win every week. And for the Jets. We need to root for Arizona to lose every game since it will hurt Philly to beat them.

Or, just don't choke against Arizona.

DStar22

Reaction score
I think Dallas should concentrate on their own business and let the chips elsewhere fall where they may. Whether you end up as the 1 or 5 seed, the seeding shouldn't matter if you're good enough. We all know the road is going to go through SF, so what better feeling can we get than beating their arses in their own house.
we don't know anything yet, but I do agree with taking it game by game. Dallas needs to try to win every game. If it becomes possible, we need HFA.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

isn't this the last tie breaker on the list? for teams in the same division it really comes down to the 3 non-common games based on where you finished last year and how the opponents are doing.

for non-division tie breakers, I believe its also the last tie breaker. and that one gets iffy

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Eh when you have generally even records, there is no great tie breaker so you have to choose SOME sort of heuristic, imperfect though it may be.

I'm not sweating it though - the Giants always play the eagles well and may take one of those games anyway. Heck Seattle is still in it and could take the fight to them this weekend. Cowboys need to control what they can.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Eh when you have generally even records, there is no great tie breaker so you have to choose SOME sort of heuristic, imperfect though it may be.

I'm not sweating it though - the Giants always play the eagles well and may take one of those games anyway. Heck Seattle is still in it and could take the fight to them this weekend. Cowboys need to control what they can.
:muttley: :muttley: :muttley: The Giants are 3-15 against the Eagles the last 9 years

catiii

Reaction score
Some of their players will love it I'm sure. :lmao:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh seeding does matter. Especially for this team. There's a huge difference between playing in San Fran or playing in Dallas. I don't think it matters if you play in Philly or not you've shown to be able to play with them there.

superonyx

Reaction score
Eagles will lose at least one more. Win out and it doesn't come to tiebreakers.
I think Dallas is doing that. I doubt Dak and the boys are sweating over this in the meeting rooms.

I think fans should just let fans vent and discus their feelings without speaking as is the fans are the players.

silvernblu

Reaction score
isn't this the last tie breaker on the list? for teams in the same division it really comes down to the 3 non-common games based on where you finished last year and how the opponents are doing.

for non-division tie breakers, I believe its also the last tie breaker. and that one gets iffy

It is fifth. There is a high likelihood that the first 4 will be even if we lose to Miami or Buffal and Seattle beats Philly - based on a great point on previous thread.

This then depends, yes on the records of the non common opponents on your schedule which you cannot control.