Strongest Position Group on the Team

Kaiser

Reaction score
WR for sure
D line is a odd situation
Best DT guys we’ve had in Years
DE has some question marks but if things fall right it could be very good
If a healthy Dlaw can get help on the other side it could be a sight to see

Totally agree. Its a big wildcard but just on pure talent we have more talent among the backups than we have at probably any point since the 90's Dynasty. And if you go back to that 2016 playoff team that the offense carried, the current DT backups probably would have started over that team's starters.

conner01

Reaction score
Totally agree. Its a big wildcard but just on pure talent we have more talent among the backups than we have at probably any point since the 90's Dynasty. And if you go back to that 2016 playoff team that the offense carried, the current DT backups probably would have started over that team's starters.
I love what the DT looks like
If they were 4-5 years younger that would be a dynasty type move there
These are some dang good players

cowboyec

Reaction score
offense....QB,WR,RB.
defense...LB,DE,DT,CB.

forced to pick 1...WR.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I think the DL will be the best we've seen in years. Simply from adding McCoy & Poe to work with Tank. That's 3 upper tier DL right there and if Smith & Gregory hit (I believe they will) then we've really got something going.

You realize this isn't 2014, right? McCoy and Poe are shells of their former selves. Gregory isn't even eligible to play in the league, and Smith came off the dumpster heap after being out of the league for a long time. I think we need a reality check.

plasticman

Reaction score
Pick a squad on offense.

Add Dalton to the QB's

Add CeeDee to the WR's

The offensive line lost Fredericks but is replaced by the previous year's starter and will be competing against a promising rookie and at least one of the Connors.
It's still pretty nice to be able to replace starters drafted in the 1st rounds, some of them, and replace them with backups drafted in the 2nd round. This is going to be a very good line.

Add nothing but a years experience for Pollard to the RB group and they have the opportunity to really dominate.

But the most improved position?

Pick a squad on defense.

This is going to be a good year.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Not in 2021, when we lose: Lee, Thomas and March and then Gifford in 2022.
No guarantee they lose Lee, Thomas and March since they were able to easily re-sign all three this offseason.
As far as Gifford he's proven nothing yet.

jay94

Reaction score
Our WR corps went from pathetic to league best in only 2 years.

Yep I was one of the first one to call that out years ago and every one ignored me shocker. Our WR corps is by far the strongest now.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Top wise WR. Depth is a real concern

CB group has alot of depth, but no real standout. #1 CB is a concern

However overall I still think its the OL. The LG and OC positions need to be settled, but there is talent there

Zach, Tyron, La'el
Cooper, Lamb, Gallup

The top guys on OL are just better, but the OL needs 5, so the average is lower.

I think we're more than ok at LG. Williams is better than generally granted, and McGovern is the kind of guy I would have been willing to start last year, had he been healthy.

C will be interesting. Biadasz has been playing in college, but at least playing steadily for years. He should get the push over Looney if it's close. Let the guy develop, cuz he's likely the future. Still seems wacky to me that we got him in the 5th.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
No guarantee they lose Lee, Thomas and March since they were able to easily re-sign all three this offseason.
As far as Gifford he's proven nothing yet.

Not with the $10m we'll have left after signing Dak, which will further reduce as we've no starting Safeties under contract.

They'll get much better offers as every other team has more available $$$$ and we've got

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Still not believing stats?
Look up the definition of narrative
Don't have to, I actually watch the games and prefer an evaluation off of what can be seen in play rather than making irrational decisions off of blind stat that posters like you use to fit a blind "narrative'.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Don't have to, I actually watch the games and prefer an evaluation off of what can be seen in play rather than making irrational decisions off of blind stat that posters like you use to fit a blind "narrative'.
Yeah, because the rest of us that post on a fan forum don't watch the games.

Such a stupid retort. Lol. When people have to resort to it, you know they don't have anything.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yeah, because the rest of us that post on a fan forum don't watch the games.

Such a stupid retort. Lol. When people have to resort to it, you know they don't have anything.
Just responding to where you went.
Have a great day.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Dak was 2 or 3rd in INTs, depending on who you ask, dropped by DBs

And our WRs didn’t lead the league in drops. It all depends on who you ask. Cowboys were actually ranked 4 by Washington Post.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=NFL&rank=232&type=Receiving

I don’t read the Washington Post but The Athletic claims the Cowboys WR’s led the league in drops in 2019, and I’ve heard sports personalities on tv say the same thing. It’s at least fair to say the Cowboys were bad in that area.

And DB’s are notorious for having bad hands, which is why they are playing defense.

khiladi

Reaction score
I don’t read the Washington Post but The Athletic claims the Cowboys WR’s led the league in drops in 2019, and I’ve heard sports personalities on tv say the same thing. It’s at least fair to say the Cowboys were bad in that area.

And DB’s are notorious for having bad hands, which is why they are playing defense.

That is according to Sturm, who wrote the article. And of course Dak-homers fail to credit all the bad passes Dak throws that the WRs extend your catch or catch behind them.

Stats Perform, which was referenced by the Post, is also referenced by NBC Sports.

DBs play against every QB. The point is, Dak is up there with Winston in terms of DBs dropping passes. That is stated by multiple publications as well.

Last edited: