Stroud, Mixon, Schultz, Diggs, Collins, and Dell Will Count Less Against The Cap Than Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumala808

Reaction score
If they restructured the contract it would have freed up money but they're all in

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yup. Dak is paid more than basically the entire skill positions of the Texans offense combined.

He's also going to make over 20 million more next season than Hurts, Barkley, Brown, and Smith combined for the Eagles.

A daily reminder of how insanely Jerry overpaid for someone that needs more help than you could possibly acquire without pure luck, not just at the top of the draft, but deep into the late rounds of it.
Now? Of course. Two years ago he counted 17M against the cap.

This line of argument is totally irrelevant, meaningless and useless.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Come on man this is massive reach.

Stroud, Dell and Collins are all on rookie deals.

I get the point. But the Texans are not a good comparison
Maybe there’s soMeting to be said with filling out your roster with as mAny rookie deals as you can

I would trade Micah for picks

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Come on man this is massive reach.

Stroud, Dell and Collins are all on rookie deals.

I get the point. But the Texans are not a good comparison
Mine as well cross compare the Carolina Panthers and Bryce Young along with all his skill positions for less than Dak too. Texans got lucky and look like they hit with Stroud, meanwhile the Panthers may have found their next bust. But hey its been 1 year so lets see what year 2 brings.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Yup. Dak is paid more than basically the entire skill positions of the Texans offense combined.

He's also going to make over 20 million more next season than Hurts, Barkley, Brown, and Smith combined for the Eagles.

A daily reminder of how insanely Jerry overpaid for someone that needs more help than you could possibly acquire without pure luck, not just at the top of the draft, but deep into the late rounds of it.
Dak signed a contract for four years, $160 million. That’s $40 million AAV. All that’s still owed Prescott is $29 million dollars, and that’s not guaranteed, so they can cut him if the spirit moves them. The cap situation in deference to Dak’ contract is self inflicted by Jerry’s poor management of the salary cap. He should hire a professional GM to handle such things. Instead he gives the job to his son.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You really trying to start a battle on two fronts while you're already getting dog walked over on another thread?
I haven't seen a beat down like that in a long time.

If it was just me or five...I could understand his complete lack of civility and shame. But a lot people jumped in....like the slapping scene in Airplane.

Most people would apologize or at least silently slither back into the muck. Nope...an endless double down. No wonder he likes Jerry and Dak so much.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Soon as we play them watch how bad they make us look and we always say we have a good team

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Houston better enjoy their cap situation while they can because if Stroud continues to perform he could end up the first $70M QB.
+1.....I love the kid but DCs have had a whole offseason to break down a year's worth of tapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.