Stupid car alarm!

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
(Sorry about the last version of this post.)

I have an idiot neighbor whose car alarm has gone off NINE TIMES today! Enough is enough. I don't know how someone doesn't figure out that if an alarm is that finicky they should just shut it off. Sheesh.

I hate car alarms. I won't post my vengeance fantasy this time, so hopefully the post will stay.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
(Sorry about the last version of this post.)

I have an idiot neighbor whose car alarm has gone off NINE TIMES today! Enough is enough. I don't know how someone doesn't figure out that if an alarm is that finicky they should just shut it off. Sheesh.

I hate car alarms. I won't post my vengeance fantasy this time, so hopefully the post will stay.

Car alarm went off for a TENTH time today. Idiots can't catch a clue. Where do I hire one of those helicopters with a car magnet to take that car away?

aria

Reaction score
I agree but I’ve had to use my alarm as an offensive weapon. My old neighbors had a dog that they kept outside 100% of the time and it would often bark non stop. It was annoying as hell no matter what time of day, I could hear it anywhere in my house, but it was the loudest in my bedroom and it would bark at night as well.

They never did anything about it so my wife finally started texting the lady of the house when the dog would bark. Half the time they were never home and the other half they never did anything anyways. I hated to do it but we finally started calling animal control. They got a couple warnings and still did nothing.

I park my truck outside and it is close to their bedroom. Every time the dog started barking, especially late at night, I would hit the panic button and let it go until they would finally text my wife to let us know the alarm was going off. I would turn it off and as soon as the dog started barking I would do it again. Luckily we don’t have any other neighbors that the alarm would bother otherwise I would have had to come up with a different plan.

Between the alarm and the multiple other visits from Animal Control they finally gave the dog away. I feel bad for the dog but hopefully it ended up better off which wouldn’t be hard to do considering how they neglected it.

On a side note, my buddy who is a cop stopped by their house because we weren’t the only ones who had complained (neighbors several yards behind them did as well) and their excuse was they used to live in the country where they didn’t have worry about neighbors and it was too loud in their house to hear it barking. Disrespectful pieces of crap, thinking of no one but themselves, thankfully they finally moved. I guess they couldn’t handle living next to other people where there is a social responsibility and mutual respect.

/end rant

Bigdog

Reaction score
I have a car alarm and once it off it completely shut my car off and I could not start it up. I call the dealership and they told me to check under the hood and as soon as I did that and put my hand on something it went off again while I was on the phone with them. Had to get it tow to the dealership and they could not figured it out until one guy looked down and he saw this little red dot blinking. When he lifted up the carpet which was hiding this button he just pushed it to reset the alarm. Apparently it was an after market alarm that was put in that I did not know I had

Xelda

Reaction score
I'm saying this in hushed tones to avoid reaggravating the evil spirits that used to live next door. Only one part of this story to relay today. She didn't do anything with her kids, so she would buy them stuff. The girl left to live with her father, but the boy stayed and some other kid found his way into the house. All they had to do all day (from 9am until it got dark and I ran them into the house) was pound a basket ball in their driveway. They'd stop for a snack and then be right back at it, day in day out. I could hear it throughout my house all day long. When I finally snapped and tried to talk to her about it, the kid saw how upset I was and started pounding the ball across the street and two houses down. I think this had been going on about two years before I said something. They used to leave the ball anywhere and it would go missing, but a new ball would be back loud and proud the same day. The evil spirit finally moved out and the most beautiful family in the world moved in. I still get jittery around repetitive pounding.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree but I’ve had to use my alarm as an offensive weapon. My old neighbors had a dog that they kept outside 100% of the time and it would often bark non stop. It was annoying as hell no matter what time of day, I could hear it anywhere in my house, but it was the loudest in my bedroom and it would bark at night as well.

They never did anything about it so my wife finally started texting the lady of the house when the dog would bark. Half the time they were never home and the other half they never did anything anyways. I hated to do it but we finally started calling animal control. They got a couple warnings and still did nothing.

I park my truck outside and it is close to their bedroom. Every time the dog started barking, especially late at night, I would hit the panic button and let it go until they would finally text my wife to let us know the alarm was going off. I would turn it off and as soon as the dog started barking I would do it again. Luckily we don’t have any other neighbors that the alarm would bother otherwise I would have had to come up with a different plan.

Between the alarm and the multiple other visits from Animal Control they finally gave the dog away. I feel bad for the dog but hopefully it ended up better off which wouldn’t be hard to do considering how they neglected it.

On a side note, my buddy who is a cop stopped by their house because we weren’t the only ones who had complained (neighbors several yards behind them did as well) and their excuse was they used to live in the country where they didn’t have worry about neighbors and it was too loud in their house to hear it barking. Disrespectful pieces of crap, thinking of no one but themselves, thankfully they finally moved. I guess they couldn’t handle living next to other people where there is a social responsibility and mutual respect.

/end rant
Don't own a dog if you can't keep it inside. It's cruel to the dog and inconsiderate to your neighborhood.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm saying this in hushed tones to avoid reaggravating the evil spirits that used to live next door. Only one part of this story to relay today. She didn't do anything with her kids, so she would buy them stuff. The girl left to live with her father, but the boy stayed and some other kid found his way into the house. All they had to do all day (from 9am until it got dark and I ran them into the house) was pound a basket ball in their driveway. They'd stop for a snack and then be right back at it, day in day out. I could hear it throughout my house all day long. When I finally snapped and tried to talk to her about it, the kid saw how upset I was and started pounding the ball across the street and two houses down. I think this had been going on about two years before I said something. They used to leave the ball anywhere and it would go missing, but a new ball would be back loud and proud the same day. The evil spirit finally moved out and the most beautiful family in the world moved in. I still get jittery around repetitive pounding.
That last part explains......never mind.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

/end rant
So battling an ******* by becoming one. Interesting tactic. Evil but interesting.