Twitter: Sturm: Cowboys rank 4th in turnovers

Rayman70

Reaction score
Oh I certainly agree, said earlier this season I'd have to wait for 3-4 games before we could evaluate the team to any degree, though when I said that we hadn't lost VanderEsch, Awuzie and others, injuries can certainly derail progress.

If memory serves, when the Raiders became the first wild card team to win the SB, it was because they had early injuries and so lost a few games, but after those players got back the team was SB worthy. This season we had to deal with no camp, pre-season, etc. as well of course, but if we can get Smith, et al back by, say, game 5 or 6 we might still have a shot...
YUP,I EXPECTED A ROUGH START. Never was worried about the offense putting up points. I stand by that. But my worry has been the defense before we played 1 game. Reason being what you said^..too much change on D told me they would have some growing pains,staff included.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
YUP,I EXPECTED A ROUGH START. Never was worried about the offense putting up points. I stand by that. But my worry has been the defense before we played 1 game. Reason being what you said^..too much change on D told me they would have some growing pains,staff included.

And that's assuming the defensive coaching changes will result in improvement, which is not guaranteed...

Rayman70

Reaction score
And that's assuming the defensive coaching changes will result in improvement, which is not guaranteed...
agree..and I think we need to give guys like Mike Nolan a chance, at least another year. I been hard on him and the db coaches...they been awful. But I saw hope in the Seattle game in the 2nd half. I saw adjustments being made and we saw a totally better defense.So if we can get it together on defense a little quicker, make those adjustments on the fly better, I think we can muddle thru and win 8 games. If not it wont be pretty.