Video: Sturm: Defensive MVP of Week 1 - the Aldon Smith Show

Aven8

Reaction score
Making 900k while on the other side..........:cool:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I'm one who thought he would struggle but for 5 years off and a first game back he did pretty well. The sack was more coverage than not but he was excellent in run defense.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Hell of a job for someone who has been away from football for as long as he has. That road couldn't have been easy, this is a great example as to what one can achieve with hard work and determination.

He deserves a tip of the cap:thumbup:

phildadon86

Reaction score
People here said he wouldnt perform. LOL. This is why i listen to people that actually know what they are talking about and not a bunch of arm chair GMs and Scouts

Jfconrow

Reaction score
He’s my favorite player on defense right now, like back when Ware was here. If they run the 34 with Smith and Lawrence, they can keep every game close. They’re short on ILBs anyways.

Reactions: CWR

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I love what Smith brings to the Cowboys. He always won with strength, length, and leverage, so it really isn’t surprising that he can still do it. He was never a guy that won with strictly speed, where losing a step,would cause him to fall off a lot.

Aldon might be able to play several more years, actually. I think he has a few years left at high production.

If a team doesn’t get the ball out of the QB’s hand in less than two seconds, the Dallas pass rush is going to hit the QB a lot.

If Smith has a few more games where it is clear that he still has it... I’d try to get him signed for a couple more years and up this year’s pay. With the prospect of making more this season and being grateful for the chance to come back, he might not try to break the bank.

CWR

Reaction score
He’s my favorite player on defense right now, like back when Ware was here. If they run the 34 with Smith and Lawrence, they can keep every game close. They’re short on ILBs anyways.

I almost made a post about this. We are definitely short on ILB talent and I had wondered if this may be a better scheme for our current roster.

Dreski

Reaction score
I feel like our defense doesn’t have a leader. Who would it be? DLaw?? The defense seems to always have an “aww shucks” attitude when they let the opposing offenses convert

CWR

Reaction score
I love what Smith brings to the Cowboys. He always won with strength, length, and leverage, so it really isn’t surprising that he can still do it. He was never a guy that won with strictly speed, where losing a step,would cause him to fall off a lot.

Aldon might be able to play several more years, actually. I think he has a few years left at high production.

If a team doesn’t get the ball out of the QB’s hand in less than two seconds, the Dallas pass rush is going to hit the QB a lot.

If Smith has a few more games where it is clear that he still has it... I’d try to get him signed for a couple more years and up this year’s pay. With the prospect of making more this season and being grateful for the chance to come back, he might not try to break the bank.

Yes sir, nice post. We have to figure out how to counter that. We settled in during the second half so hopefully that is a sign of things to come.

I wish we'd have gotten some of these one year guys to at least 2 years.