Sturm: fans are quick to blame the best defensive and offensive players

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Groundbreaking concept that the highest profiled players are under a microscope compared to the the JAG lol
This is true but little things collectively can cause you a game. I know a general feeling is elite players are supposed to make a difference or close the gap but sometimes that is just not the case. Hell, take Bengals suddenly are 0-3.........it's a team sport for a reason.

Cowboys93

Reaction score
This is true but little things collectively can cause you a game. I know a general feeling is elite players are supposed to make a difference or close the gap but sometimes that is just not the case. Hell, take Bengals suddenly are 0-3.........it's a team sport for a reason.
I agree. Hell Romo is my profile pic and even I can recognize no matter how much I enjoyed him playing he’s just another Cowboy that did absolutely nothing lol. Whether it’s fair or not to them is valid, but they get paid way more and are more recognizable than everyone else so inherently they’ll get blamed more

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is Micah on his contract year? As of now, he is statically on pace to have his worse season.
yeah but the season just started he may come back and have the usual great year he'll have 49 sacks, 4 TDS and 32 FF's, secure the bag, and will go back to being a dud!!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
you actually expect someone being paid loads of money to actually player better than the JAGS lol
You are right, they should but they can't win games alone.
For example. Dak played a pretty good game on Sunday, especially with all the other issues ( no running game, drops, his # WR checked out, and the defense took the day off) and almost pulled it off. But we heard a lot about padding stats or not being good enough. DLaw played his ______ off but we have heard much about that.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You are right, they should but they can't win games alone.
For example. Dak played a pretty good game on Sunday, especially with all the other issues ( no running game, drops, his # WR checked out, and the defense took the day off) and almost pulled it off. But we heard a lot about padding stats or not being good enough. DLaw played his ______ off but we have heard much about that.
I just think the Dak thing we wanted to see what we saw later in the game, earlier in the game, or just some consistency. BUT, you have to realize that everything wasn't clicking, if he's being pressured, how can he get the ball off, guys can't get open, we can't get the ball off. Goes back to me saying again hawk, WHAT are they doing at practice???? Either we're going through the motions and guys are doing the same as they're doing in the game, or them going against someone on defense is causing them to look really really good at practice

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
yeah but the season just started he may come back and have the usual great year he'll have 49 sacks, 4 TDS and 32 FF's, secure the bag, and will go back to being a dud!!
Here is a news flash.......Parsons is a 3-time ALL-PRO ( first three seasons ). His market value is already secured regardless of what happens this season other than a major injury.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I just think the Dak thing we wanted to see what we saw later in the game, earlier in the game, or just some consistency. BUT, you have to realize that everything wasn't clicking, if he's being pressured, how can he get the ball off, guys can't get open, we can't get the ball off. Goes back to me saying again hawk, WHAT are they doing at practice???? Either we're going through the motions and guys are doing the same as they're doing in the game, or them going against someone on defense is causing them to look really really good at practice
Exactly ........I mean he has played some real clunkers but Sunday wasn't one of them.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here is a news flash.......Parsons is a 3-time ALL-PRO ( first three seasons ). His market value is already secured regardless of what happens this season other than a major injury.
that's the harsh truth I didn't want to hear, makes sense, thanks a lot hawk!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: