I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Norv would be a great fit at this time
Will explain later.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me at all or maybe John Fox. I do not see them bringing in one of the top young guns whose looking for total control. I'm guessing it will be a someone Jerry and/or Stephen know very well and maybe even worked with before. Familiarity is will be critical.

It will absolutely be some retread they already know, which is why I'm not getting my hopes up that another coaching replacement will make much difference.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys could have hired Norv this year, for the role he's best suited for, offensive coordinator. And he would have done for Dak and the Cowboys offense what he's doing for Newton and the Panthers. But he might have been a threat to Garrett, so we can't have that. Instead, we get further invested in Lienahn and end up with this.

But I don't see him as any legit option for Dallas. Jones can't sell Garrett staying, and he can't sell the fanbase on a multi-time failed head coach in Turner either.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Norv is surprisingly using Cam and company pretty dang well...that practice could be valuable..it is going backwards id like to see a young gun Hungry up and comer..butright now anyone is better then SL/JG combo

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
norv already turned down jerry after the wade firing. no way he'd coach this team.
I always heard Jerry had already hired Jason and Jerry wanted JG calling the plays. Norv said he didn't think Jason was ready for that, and that's when Jerry decided to hire Wade.

Just shows how the Phillips hire wasn't really about Phillips himself, but who would fit best around the great Jason Plan.

If Jason were out and Norv were allowed to run the offense -- as he should because he's far better than Garrett as an OC -- I could see this happening. Especially as committed to Dak as Jerry seems to be, with Norv's reputation as a QB whisperer.