Suamataia, Mims or Guyton

Who do you prefer

• Total voters

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You take the one guy who actually played LT and is related to P.Sewell. Kingsley is also 21 years of age.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Mims by a mile. For a guy who barely played in college, he already looks pro-ready, which is a huge kudos to the Georgia coaching staff.

You actually can't find a lot of negatives on his scouting report. "Slow to kick-slide" - well yeah, he's 6'8" and 340. The flip side is when you're that big and long and have 36" arms, you don't need to be fast... your opponents are already going on a day-hike just to get to the corner. "Inconsistent hand placement" - well most rooks struggle with that, punching freak athletes who are trying to avoid you is pretty tough.

When you break it down, the criticisms of Mims' film are pretty nitpicky. He's billed as this high-risk project player, but he's quietly a much better prospect than that. It's just hard for him to stand out in such a deep and talented class.

Kingsley and Guyton are both far rawer tackles, who are going to need development to handle NFL pass rushers. On tape, I think Guyton looks a little closer to realizing his potential... Kingsley in particular looks really rough. But the real question with both of those guys is work ethic. Are they going to put in the time and effort to perfect their craft, or just kind of be content where they're at. That's something that we as fans can't really know, but it's critical for their pro projection.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Mims by a mile. For a guy who barely played in college, he already looks pro-ready, which is a huge kudos to the Georgia coaching staff.

You actually can't find a lot of negatives on his scouting report. "Slow to kick-slide" - well yeah, he's 6'8" and 340. The flip side is when you're that big and long and have 36" arms, you don't need to be fast... your opponents are already going on a day-hike just to get to the corner. "Inconsistent hand placement" - well most rooks struggle with that, punching freak athletes who are trying to avoid you is pretty tough.

When you break it down, the criticisms of Mims' film are pretty nitpicky. He's billed as this high-risk project player, but he's quietly a much better prospect than that. It's just hard for him to stand out in such a deep and talented class.

Kingsley and Guyton are both far rawer tackles, who are going to need development to handle NFL pass rushers. On tape, I think Guyton looks a little closer to realizing his potential... Kingsley in particular looks really rough. But the real question with both of those guys is work ethic. Are they going to put in the time and effort to perfect their craft, or just kind of be content where they're at. That's something that we as fans can't really know, but it's critical for their pro projection.
Heard Duke Mayweather state Mims is going to go much higher then where many are projecting him

reddyuta

Reaction score
Mims has injury issues but i would still think our FO has rated him highly.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I’m not sure Kingsley has the foot speed or lateral quickness for OT. There is a slight lumbering aspect to his movement that may get exploited even further by bigger, faster, quicker players in the NFL.

I’ve gone full circle and would take Guyton first if the choice is between these three.