Suggestion...

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
I was looking at a bengals site, and it had a link to a cowboy forum as the agreed opponent site that they go to. Apparentley, the make these sort of agreements and show the link to their site as they show the link to they'res. You think we could do this?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RW31 said:
I was looking at a bengals site, and it had a link to a cowboy forum as the agreed opponent site that they go to. Apparentley, the make these sort of agreements and show the link to their site as they show the link to they'res. You think we could do this?
Eventually I would like to have links to any team's site.

I would also love it if people who visit other team's sites if they see somethign they really like or really dislike PM me and let me know what it is.

Ultimately I'd like to adopt the best features of all the other forums so that this site is truly the ultimate fan site.

If anyone would like to take these assignments to check out other forums, please Pm me and let's talk.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
As you guys may already know, the NFL requires every team to have links to every other teams site located at the top of their home page.

You can go to NFL.com and look at the NFL internet network banner located at the top of it's home page with all the team logos/links, or go to Dallas Cowboys site and observe the three drop down menus, these are required on every teams site by the NFL.

Perhaps Reality and any other Zone heads of state could strike a deal with the NFL to pay the Zone to place the NFL network banner or the drop downs at the top of this forum.

The simple fact that the Zone is such a high traffic forum might persuade the NFL may say " lets do it."

besides that, if the NFL agrees, all the work is aready done by the NFL. All they would have to do is download/transfer the banner and all the html with it. There would be virtually no work involved on the Realities part.

So what do ya think?

P.S. great idea RW31.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
What would be cool would be to have daily articles and stories posted ala the Newspapers.

We could have a host of unofficial beat writers submitting stories and the best get posted daily on the website.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
What would be cool would be to have daily articles and stories posted ala the Newspapers.

We could have a host of unofficial beat writers submitting stories and the best get posted daily on the website.
By this do you mean people on this forum writing the articles?

or...

Articles posted in a news section on this site.

FYI, the 2nd one, though I have seen it done on other forums, is a bit illegal. You can't claim responsibility for someone else's article. Right now web sites do not go after sites that do this, but it is still a practice that is a violation of copyright laws. If they wanted to make a stink they could.

The way to avoid violation this way is to name the source of the article. Providing a link to the orignal is also a good idea.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
By this do you mean people on this forum writing the articles?

or...

Articles posted in a news section on this site.

FYI, the 2nd one, though I have seen it done on other forums, is a bit illegal. You can't claim responsibility for someone else's article. Right now web sites do not go after sites that do this, but it is still a practice that is a violation of copyright laws. If they wanted to make a stink they could.

The way to avoid violation this way is to name the source of the article. Providing a link to the orignal is also a good idea.

Have 5 or 6 writers from the forum - post them daily on the front page.