Suggestions for 3rd and 50

Bizwah

Reaction score
Ok, BP said he may ask for suggestions if he ever comes across another 3rd and 50 (man, that still sounds like a joke).

What suggestions do you all have for him?

Mine............

1. Throw a Hail Mary. Here's what might happen: a. A complete pass (unlikely) b. an incomplete pass c. An interception waaaay down the field (A Quincy punt).

2. Have the WRs try and create as much contact with the DBs as possible, and hope to get an illegal contact penatly---5 yard penalty auto first down.

I didn't say they were good suggestions, but it's 3rd and 50!

Anyone else?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bizwah said:
Ok, BP said he may ask for suggestions if he ever comes across another 3rd and 50 (man, that still sounds like a joke).

Mine............

1. Throw a Hail Mary. Here's what might happen: a. A complete pass (unlikely) b. an incomplete pass c. An interception waaaay down the field (A Quincy punt).

2. Have the WRs try and create as much contact with the DBs as possible, and hope to get an illegal contact penatly---5 yard penalty auto first down.

Anyone else?
I think that is a good time to go streaking.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Bizwah said:

Mine............

Anyone else?
about the #2 (hehe number 2)...

I just thought about it... and that would be crazy if there was a 3rd and 50 and a measley illegal contact for 5 yards resulted in a 1st down..

Bizwah

Reaction score
JBell523 said:
about the #2 (hehe number 2)...

I just thought about it... and that would be crazy if there was a 3rd and 50 and a measley illegal contact for 5 yards resulted in a 1st down..

Do you remember the Saints game last year?

We were dominating them.....10-0 early in the game. We had them at a 3rd and 27 (something like that). And guess what happened?

An illegal contact penalty.......5 yards, automatic first down.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
WR reverse pass, or whatever it would be called. Crayton to Glenn for a touchdown.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
Bizwah said:
Do you remember the Saints game last year?

We were dominating them.....10-0 early in the game. We had them at a 3rd and 27 (something like that). And guess what happened?

An illegal contact penalty.......5 yards, automatic first down.

Perfect :p:

Quincy_Will_Return

Reaction score
Have the entire O-line fall over and let the opposition break Bledsoe in two so we can put an end to all this madness.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Swap jerseys with the other team, switch sides with them and start laughing at their predicament. :rolleyes:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DallasEast said:
Swap jerseys with the other team, switch sides with them and start laughing at their predicament. :rolleyes:
This is my favorite so far.