Summer's, pre-Combine, Cowboy's mock

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I'll be doing 3 mocks this year, don't hold me to it ;) but yeah, 3 mocks, one before the combine, one after the combine, and one a week or 2 before the draft

here goes...**note: I don't include draft day trades**

Free Agency

Packer K Ryan Longwell~expensive
Packer RT Kevin Barry~cheap
Miami FS Lance Schulters~cheap
Minnesota MLB Sam Cowart~cheap

*re-sign Scott Fujita
*cut Al SIngleton
*trade La'Roi Glover for a 5th

Draft

:starspin 1st round, #18: Ohio State OLB Bobby Carpenter

I really like Lawson, but think the Browns take him, so Carpenter it is, fits the 3-4 perfectly, amazing edge rusher and intimidating prescence, can't go wrong here

:starspin 2nd round, #49: Boise State OT Daryn Colledge

he may not make it here, but if he does, we have to snatch him up, the 2nd best, pure LT prospect behind Ferguson, is long and lean, and explosive off the snap, has a mean streak, even though I'm of the school that your 1st 3 picks must be for starters, if Colledge doesn't start at RT (weight and strength being an issue) his rookie year, I don't care, he's a tremendous talent and our future at LT, might as well get his development started early

*ALTERNATE: Miami WR Sinorice Moss

:starspin 3rd round, #80: Virginia MLB Kai Parham

Al Groh sells Parcells on Parham, Parcells takes Parham 3rd round, LB corp is set for now and the next decade

*ALT: LSU OT Andrew Whitworth

*no 4th*

:starspin 5th round, #146 (ours): Abilene Christian FS Danieal Manning

played FS and CB at Abilene, invited to the East-West Shrine game, and here is the director of player personnel for the game, John Murphy's, thoughts on him...

John Murphy was gushing about Manning, saying that he would have started over a Bullocks at safety if he had stayed at Nebraska and to keep an eye on his return ability on Saturday.

the Bullocks he mentions is my boy Daniel, so obviously this kid has some skills, read his bio, he had 6 INTs as a freshman!

:starspin 5th round, pick acquired from Glover trade: Wisconsin WR Jonathan Orr

physical specimen, tall (6'3), can make the acrobatic catch, and is running electronically timed 40s in the high 4.3 range, is inconsistent though, but rookie WRs need time anyways, and no rookie we draft is going to start over Key and Glenn, so might as well take one of the most physically gifted WRs in this draft, at good value, with #1 WR potential, and start his development early behind Key, GLenn and Crayton

*ALT: teammate, and receiver-mate, Brandon Williams (great punt return guy, and another Steve Smith-type WR)

:starspin 6th round, #173: Louisville OG Jason Spitz

road-grader, versatile, able to play OG, OT and C, takes over Gurode's job of swing OG/OT

:starspin 7th round, #208: Virginia NT Kwakou Robinson

NT, Groh ties, and I can't think of anything right now ;)

:yourock:

thoughts?

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm hoping that if Glover is traded for that he's worth more than a 5th. I would really like to see a 3rd or 4th. The 4th would be nice to get back from the Canty trade last year.

I wouldn't mind Schegel at ILB, though I am not sure we'd have a shot at him as the draft sits right now, given we don't have a 4th currently.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
sounds good.

If all this happened on draft day, I'd be very happy...
Since you addressed RT in FA, I would go Sinorice Moss in the 2nd vs Colledge. Other than that, it looks cool.

shnagy

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I'll be doing 3 mocks this year, don't hold me to it ;) but yeah, 3 mocks, one before the combine, one after the combine, and one a week or 2 before the draft

here goes...**note: I don't include draft day trades**

Free Agency

Packer K Ryan Longwell~expensive
Packer RT Kevin Barry~cheap
Miami FS Lance Schulters~cheap
Minnesota MLB Sam Cowart~cheap

*re-sign Scott Fujita
*cut Al SIngleton
*trade La'Roi Glover for a 5th

Draft

:starspin 1st round, #18: Ohio State OLB Bobby Carpenter

I really like Lawson, but think the Browns take him, so Carpenter it is, fits the 3-4 perfectly, amazing edge rusher and intimidating prescence, can't go wrong here

:starspin 2nd round, #49: Boise State OT Daryn Colledge

he may not make it here, but if he does, we have to snatch him up, the 2nd best, pure LT prospect behind Ferguson, is long and lean, and explosive off the snap, has a mean streak, even though I'm of the school that your 1st 3 picks must be for starters, if Colledge doesn't start at RT (weight and strength being an issue) his rookie year, I don't care, he's a tremendous talent and our future at LT, might as well get his development started early

*ALTERNATE: Miami WR Sinorice Moss

:starspin 3rd round, #80: Virginia MLB Kai Parham

Al Groh sells Parcells on Parham, Parcells takes Parham 3rd round, LB corp is set for now and the next decade

*ALT: LSU OT Andrew Whitworth

*no 4th*

:starspin 5th round, #146 (ours): Abilene Christian FS Danieal Manning

played FS and CB at Abilene, invited to the East-West Shrine game, and here is the director of player personnel for the game, John Murphy's, thoughts on him...

John Murphy was gushing about Manning, saying that he would have started over a Bullocks at safety if he had stayed at Nebraska and to keep an eye on his return ability on Saturday.

the Bullocks he mentions is my boy Daniel, so obviously this kid has some skills, read his bio, he had 6 INTs as a freshman!

:starspin 5th round, pick acquired from Glover trade: Wisconsin WR Jonathan Orr

physical specimen, tall (6'3), can make the acrobatic catch, and is running electronically timed 40s in the high 4.3 range, is inconsistent though, but rookie WRs need time anyways, and no rookie we draft is going to start over Key and Glenn, so might as well take one of the most physically gifted WRs in this draft, at good value, with #1 WR potential, and start his development early behind Key, GLenn and Crayton

*ALT: teammate, and receiver-mate, Brandon Williams (great punt return guy, and another Steve Smith-type WR)

:starspin 6th round, #173: Louisville OG Jason Spitz

road-grader, versatile, able to play OG, OT and C, takes over Gurode's job of swing OG/OT

:starspin 7th round, #208: Virginia NT Kwakou Robinson

NT, Groh ties, and I can't think of anything right now ;)

:yourock:

thoughts?
Looks good, maybe a little too high for Carpenter (coming off an injury). Could get him in a trade down though. Also, i think I would rather keep LG instead of trading him for a 5th. JMO :cool:

jbsg02

Reaction score
There's been some buzz about Danieal Manning, and I think he gets picked first day somewhere