Sunday Night Football: Packers at Eagles

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I hate it when teams play lights out against Dallas but fold against other teams. Let’s see what Rudy Ford does tonight.

I think GreenBay is GreenBay.

GreenBay's opponents from game to game either make them look bad, or look good.

We were soft against GreenBay...hence it appears they played "lights out"

Philly manned up and dominated them,...and made them look bad.

This has more to do with US, and philly...then GreenBay playing differently.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I didn’t see Philly beat up anyone.

JustChip

Reaction score

It also has to do with playing them at home vs. Lambeau.

Dakota

Reaction score
Win or lose all I want is Siriani punched the hellout.
I don't care much for the egirls, but I don't quite get this distain for Siriani. If you were the only one I saw posting Siriani distain I would say it is just one disgruntled fan. But I have seen several similar posts over the course of the season. I despise their fans but I don't have the same level of the distain for the players or coaches. What am I missing?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I watched the first half and a bit of the third quarter.

If this is what the NFL is going to, I'm going to rapidly lose interest. The games will be all the same - get a good runner as your quarterback (gee, didn't the 49ers do this already with Steve Young?), send 5 players out in pass patterns, then when the defense properly covers those receivers, your speedy running back that is in the quarterback position just takes off into one of several open lanes and runs for 20 yards.
Repeat 15-18 times and that's your NFL game, folks!

Now if that is what someone likes to see, more power to them. The game changes, for decades the forward pass was an afterthought, the "three yards and a cloud of dust" was the way the game was played. It may be changing again, the RPO becoming the NFL game. Not something I want to see, however.

Time will tell...

Word Mofo

Reaction score
I watched the first half and a bit of the third quarter.

If this is what the NFL is going to, I'm going to rapidly lose interest. The games will be all the same - get a good runner as your quarterback (gee, didn't the 49ers do this already with Steve Young?), send 5 players out in pass patterns, then when the defense properly covers those receivers, your speedy running back that is in the quarterback position just takes off into one of several open lanes and runs for 20 yards.
Repeat 15-18 times and that's your NFL game, folks!

Now if that is what someone likes to see, more power to them. The game changes, for decades the forward pass was an afterthought, the "three yards and a cloud of dust" was the way the game was played. It may be changing again, the RPO becoming the NFL game. Not something I want to see, however.

Time will tell...

The league figured out Mike Vick, and they’ll figure out Hurts

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
It also has to do with playing them at home vs. Lambeau.

Maybe if it was 2010, sure.

Lambeau circa 2022 is no more home field advantage than any other team....unless we want to be weinies and cry about the temperature. News flash...Packer players don't have any special protection from cold, and come from all over the country just like our players.

Or....are we complaining about The Refs again?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The league figured out Mike Vick, and they’ll figure out Hurts

It's not just Hurts, or the Iggles.

It's the rules, from the "giving yourself up so the play is over" to "slide and you can't be touched" to the "no diving at the knees" to the "no blows above the neck", a smart quarterback like Hurts can essentially run free without fear of being hurt by a hit. Watching the Packers game it was clear that Hurts had no intention of taking on a defender, their offense is designed to create open spaces for him to run free for at least 6-8 yards, and he's a good enough runner so that he can easily dodge potential tacklers and make more most times.

If not, he just ducks out of bounds or slides. Barring his getting his feet tangled up, or slipping on the turf and tearing up a knee, or getting rolled up on in the pocket (not likely, given he runs so much he's not in the pocket a lot) he isn't probably going to get hurt like Vick, RGIII, Dak, Romo or any other qb that is dumb enough to try to squeeze out an extra yard or two or go head first like Allen does.

Besides, did the league figure out the passing game? Did we see a return to the "three yards and a cloud of dust" playcalling? Nope, it's been a passing league (as compared to a running league like in the 1930's -1960's). That's more entertaining, which is what the NFL is nowadays, so that's not going to change.

Becoming a league where the quarterbacks are not so much that anymore, more a new position (Thirdback? Ballback?) may be the NFL for the next 30 years...