Sunday Ticket

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the $100 off is if you subscribe to YouTube TV as your TV provider instead of another service.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I live in the DFW area and get the Cowboys for free on local TV. If I was outside of the viewing area I wouldn't pay to watch them. Jerry hasn't convinced me he cares about winning, so I won't put a single dime in his pocket.

Outside of the Cowboys I don't have an interest in watching any other team play live, especially if I have to pay for it. If there's a game I want to see, and this is very rare, I will watch it the following day on one of the replay sites.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Plaintiffs argue that the NFL made the cost of Sunday Ticket artificially high in order to cash in on desperate, hardcore fans willing to pay whatever to see their favorite team or specific out-of-market games
I mean duh that is what happened.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Thanks for telling us about the discount. I just ordered it for $100 off, sale ends today supposedly.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I live in the DFW area and get the Cowboys for free on local TV. If I was outside of the viewing area I wouldn't pay to watch them. Jerry hasn't convinced me he cares about winning, so I won't put a single dime in his pocket.

Outside of the Cowboys I don't have an interest in watching any other team play live, especially if I have to pay for it. If there's a game I want to see, and this is very rare, I will watch it the following day on one of the replay sites.
You put money in his pocket anyway...you watch for free, provide ratings, ratings lead to bigger TV contracts.....you really want to stick it to him....don't watch at all. But, you're smart enough to already know this.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
You put money in his pocket anyway...you watch for free, provide ratings, ratings lead to bigger TV contracts.....you really want to stick it to him....don't watch at all. But, you're smart enough to already know this.
Its a valid point, but the fall season wouldn't be the same if football wasn't a part of my life. Whatever measly percentage Jerry gets out of me watching a game on Sunday (or Monday, Thursday, etc.), and it can't be that much with me being just 1 person, might be worth it to the football fan in me. But Jerry has sucked the football life out of me to the point where it is very difficult to maintain the same passion I had when I was younger. Apathy, I guess.

Since 2003 the only Cowboys merch I have purchased is one of the 'Salute to the service' ballcaps. I haven't spent a single dime since. Those hats should be given to vets for free if you ask me, but whatever.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score

I live in New England so I need the Ticket. Hate Jerry, loved the Cowboys first.

I got $100 off too for early signup. On top of that my wife is a Packers fan, so I feel like we get a 2fer, plus the red zone channel for those lazy Sunday afternoons when neither team is on.

shabazz

Reaction score
If there's a game I want to see, and this is very rare, I will watch it the following day on one of the replay sites.
Watching teams like the Chiefs, Niners, Ravens etc. is a must if one wants to see what well run organizations look like.

I make it a point of watching those teams so I don't forget.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its a valid point, but the fall season wouldn't be the same if football wasn't a part of my life. Whatever measly percentage Jerry gets out of me watching a game on Sunday (or Monday, Thursday, etc.), and it can't be that much with me being just 1 person, might be worth it to the football fan in me. But Jerry has sucked the football life out of me to the point where it is very difficult to maintain the same passion I had when I was younger. Apathy, I guess.

Since 2003 the only Cowboys merch I have purchased is one of the 'Salute to the service' ballcaps. I haven't spent a single dime since. Those hats should be given to vets for free if you ask me, but whatever.
Most of my stuff have been gifts...i did buy some when Randy White held his first camp for me. He signed 20 mini helmets and my Riddell rep gave me a full sized one. We raffled 15 of them for a scholarship fund....I kept the full sized one. He put my name on it, so I had to keep it. Lol. Kept one mini and gifted the other 4 to some VIPs. So, I'm guilty of lining Jerry’s pockets.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The more I read about how the NFL uses the NFL ticket to fill out owners bank accounts, the less likely I am going to get it this season. I live outside the Dallas media coverage area, so I will just watch the games that will be Nationally televised. All my football watching life that is what I have done for the most part except for last year. I was disappointed in the quality I was getting for that high of a price tag. I have other streaming channels so I can watch the Amazon game. What kills me about the package is you can’t watch all the games. It makes no sense the package can’t show Amazon, ESPN, and Netflix games. Just greed and I am sick of it.

J12B

Reaction score
I ordered right around the draft. They had a special for $240. So I'm being charged 4 payments of $60.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The more I read about how the NFL uses the NFL ticket to fill out owners bank accounts, the less likely I am going to get it this season. I live outside the Dallas media coverage area, so I will just watch the games that will be Nationally televised. All my football watching life that is what I have done for the most part except for last year. I was disappointed in the quality I was getting for that high of a price tag. I have other streaming channels so I can watch the Amazon game. What kills me about the package is you can’t watch all the games. It makes no sense the package can’t show Amazon, ESPN, and Netflix games. Just greed and I am sick of it.
I did not like the quality or the options and set up of it. On my TV it was ok. On my iPad there are no options to watch multiple games. I like to watch the Bengals games. And watch a more interesting game than what is offered locally.
Of course I get all the Dallas games. I did not get anything about any discounts this year. And it is set to renew and bill me on August 13th at $449.00.
That is not worth it to me at this point.

I have not paid for DTV ST since 2017, they gave it to me for free. I signed up at the last minute last year. When I go to cancel it, I will see if they give me an offer for that $100 off. I will not get a you tube subscription just to save that $100 or $150. I would think about it, but other people in my house are opposed to it right now. Because there are certain tv channels they watch that are not on YT TV. I need to look and compare again as it has been about a year.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I did not like the quality or the options and set up of it. On my TV it was ok. On my iPad there are no options to watch multiple games. I like to watch the Bengals games. And watch a more interesting game than what is offered locally.
Of course I get all the Dallas games. I did not get anything about any discounts this year. And it is set to renew and bill me on August 13th at $449.00.
That is not worth it to me at this point.

I have not paid for DTV ST since 2017, they gave it to me for free. I signed up at the last minute last year. When I go to cancel it, I will see if they give me an offer for that $100 off. I will not get a you tube subscription just to save that $100 or $150. I would think about it, but other people in my house are opposed to it right now. Because there are certain tv channels they watch that are not on YT TV. I need to look and compare again as it has been about a year.
The NFL is just so greedy. It may be 10 years to late but the Mavericks owner is right pigs eventually get slaughtered.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Would really love it if they would do a "pay per game" type of thing. I live in the Houston broadcast area, and there are a few Cowboy games that aren't shown due to the Texans coverage. To me, it's not worth it to pay so much for NFL ticket for just 2-3 games a year.