Super Bowl 12

Eddie

Reaction score
The famous Staubach throw to Butch Johnson in the end zone (at 1:33:50 in the video) would NEVER be ruled a TD today.
Correct. Rules have changed regarding what's possession into the endzone.

Eddie

Reaction score
I'm also curious if Butch's California Quake celebration would be a penalty for excessive celebration these days ???

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn't realize Danny White was the punter and backup QB. Definitely was a different era.

It also cracked me up when the broadcast cut to a Denver cheerleader and the announcer goes "oh my heavens" haha.

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was a great game. Went to college with a guy that his family moved from Denver. And was an over the top fan. Then again I was as well.
We had a $10 bet on the game. Which he never paid for a long time. Everyone gave him a hard time about it. A month later he finally paid up.
Though we remained friends, I had the satisfaction we whipped them.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Beat me too it, was going to tell Eddie wished they would bring back those blue uniforms and do away with the blue uniforms now.
I miss those also.

I don’t expect them to ever go back to them as the standard darks, but with every team having so many uniform configurations these days, you’d figure you’d see it once in a while.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
I wasn’t even around to see the cowboys play in them, I fell in love by looking at pictures/ YouTube highlights

Know I see someone post some highlights of TD and the runs with him in these uniforms against the Cards, should have never let these uniforms go.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
I miss those also.

I don’t expect them to ever go back to them as the standard darks, but with every team having so many uniform configurations these days, you’d figure you’d see it once in a while.

Should bring back for either Thanksgiving or that color rush mess.

NickZepp

Reaction score
I've got a version of this game that's around 3 hours long. Can't remember if it has the ads or anything like that. But it has the full postgame.

Motorola

Reaction score
I'm also curious if Butch's California Quake celebration would be a penalty for excessive celebration these days ???
Entire defensive squads are running into the opponents' end zones after securing a turnover (even if it doesn't result directly in getting a touchdown).
Add to that other WR's antics after a TD catch ---
I seriously Johnson's move would be flagged today.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I wasn’t even around to see the cowboys play in them, I fell in love by looking at pictures/ YouTube highlights
I was a toddler myself when we switched to the navy blue myself. The royal/powder blue combo is my absolute favorite.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I miss those also.

I use them often when I play Madden. At least they have them on there.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I use them often when I play Madden. At least they have them on there.
No kidding. At least that means they haven’t been forgotten about.

Jerry ought to take advantage of the old crew that likes them before it’s too late.

Are they available? I haven’t checked for years but Id guess no. Teams only wear all these alternates in games to sell them and they haven’t.

I no longer put money in his pocket when I can help it without not watching games, but I may actually buy one of those.

Mine would be #11 D. White with the first initial because Randy was on the team.

Maybe #80 Hill. And hey #54 R. White wouldn’t be awful either.

Man I miss Coach. Now we get Jerry and his celebrity circus act. Was nice when things were about football.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Johnson's touchdown would be incomplete in today's NFL, but it was less of a completed catch than what Dez made in Green Bay in 2014. Not to stray off topic.....