Super Bowl 40 will hurt NFLs image.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
So after the Super Bowl I thought maybe I was just overreactin about the refs and just should let it go. But then I got a real good read from this sports writer and he ripped the refs to.

To anyone not a Steeler fan most of us look at this game as one that was fixed and with the feel good story of the Bettis and Cowher the media the NFL and refs were gonna go all out for the Steelers.

I have lost my respect for the NFL. I now view it just as fixed as pro wrestling or boxing the the NBA. The NFL and media got their field good story but they probaly lost alot of respect and now have the ---- is it fixed question about them.

I am losin my interest in it. Why should I watch something where it is obvious certain teams are uhhh...like helped out more then others to get what they want.

I just can not believe what I saw from those refs. A sad sad day for the NFL. Guess I will try to follow a sport that is not fixed like maybe MLB or the NHL. Maybe when the NFL gets its **** together and runs things fairly and gets fair and good refs I will be interested in it again.

Here is the link to the read I talked about.

http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/sports/13801313.htm

shnagy

Reaction score
I have to agree. The first time I had to question the NFL of being "fixed" was when the Raiders lost to the Pats in the 2001(?) AFC Championship, because they just all of the sudden made up the tuck rule. Last nights game was further proof and I am really questioning the NFL now. JMO

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
The NFL is taking care of their own, the Rooney's. The Seahawks, may have gotten 1 call the entire game. Notice that anytime the Hawks got close to the endzone, suddenly a holding penalty would show up???

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
The NFL is not rigged :rolleyes:

The very assertion that it is is so beyond rediculous and idiotic that it really need not be discussed

gbrittain

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
So after the Super Bowl I thought maybe I was just overreactin about the refs and just should let it go. But then I got a real good read from this sports writer and he ripped the refs to.

To anyone not a Steeler fan most of us look at this game as one that was fixed and with the feel good story of the Bettis and Cowher the media the NFL and refs were gonna go all out for the Steelers.

I have lost my respect for the NFL. I now view it just as fixed as pro wrestling or boxing the the NBA. The NFL and media got their field good story but they probaly lost alot of respect and now have the ---- is it fixed question about them.

I am losin my interest in it. Why should I watch something where it is obvious certain teams are uhhh...like helped out more then others to get what they want.

I just can not believe what I saw from those refs. A sad sad day for the NFL. Guess I will try to follow a sport that is not fixed like maybe MLB or the NHL. Maybe when the NFL gets its **** together and runs things fairly and gets fair and good refs I will be interested in it again.

Could you do me a favor and not post here anymore. Since you believe the league is fixed really does your input count for anything?

Not that you dont have the right to believe what you want to believe, but could you leave this forum for those of us who still believe the league is a legitimate one.

I am not trying to rag on you, but what point would there be for you to stick around this forum?

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Wolverine said:

This Super Bowl was the worst. Horrible, pathetic and boring. Seahawks were robbed. The NFL better fix this crap, or else.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

The very assertion that it is is so beyond rediculous and idiotic that it really need not be discussed

it might not be rigged, but that was a truly pathetic display of officiating, CLEARLY there were several blown calls that all went Pittsburgh's way

I've seen every super bowl the Steelers have been in save one (the Vikings game in 1974), and in every single one of them the officials have made a couple or three very poor calls in their favor

I've been saying it for 3 or 4 yrs now, but the NFL is becoming NBA-like in terms of the awful officiating, and the product on the field is suffering because of it

David

HeHateMe

Displaced but Dedicated
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Its not rigged.

But a strong argument can be made that the NFL does have an "agenda" per se.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
HeHateMe said:
Its not rigged.

But a strong argument can be made that the NFL does have an "agenda" per se.

:rolleyes:

Refs are human, they make bad calls

Now if you want to dicuss whether or not the NBA is rigged, that's another matter entirely...

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I only have a problem with the officiating on one play. The bad penalty on Hasslebeck. Outside of that, I thought the refs called it fine. I can guarantee a lot of fans here would be agreeing with the refs on all those calls if they had benefited Seattle.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
Could you do me a favor and not post here anymore. Since you believe the league is fixed really does your input count for anything?

Not that you dont have the right to believe what you want to believe, but could you leave this forum for those of us who still believe the league is a legitimate one.

I am not trying to rag on you, but what point would there be for you to stick around this forum?

Can you do me a favor and get your IQ above 25 before you respond to me.

heavyhitta said:

Yes they are human. But these refs musta been superhuman then with all the bad calls they made. You know like every time the Seahawks were a threat to score or when they got a TD.

Or callin a TD when the ball never got past the goal line for Rothlesberger.

Yes refs make mistakes but that Super Bowl was a joke. That was more then them just bein uhhh human and makin bad calls.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Can you do me a favor and get your IQ above 25 before you respond to me.

Yes they are human. But these refs musta been superhuman then with all the bad calls they made. You know like every time the Seahawks were a threat to score or when they got a TD.

Or callin a TD when the ball never got past the goal line for Rothlesberger.

Yes refs make mistakes but that Super Bowl was a joke. That was more then them just bein uhhh human and makin bad calls.

I am now more convinced you should leave the forum (I am pretty sure personal insults are against the rules). If you will notice I did not insult you, and I even said I respect your opinion.

You throw out IQ. Is that all you got?

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
I am now more convinced you should leave the forum (I am pretty sure personal insults are against the rules). If you will notice I did not insult you, and I even said I respect your opinion.

You throw out IQ. Is that all you got?

Your response was insulting so you deserved the insult you got back. And nowhere did you say you respected my opinion. I guess you can go back and edit your post so everyone will believe your lie is true.

BTW who made you mod in decidin who should post and who should not. What a wannabe mod. I am just glad that you put this up about who you think should leave the forum. Now if any of the mods or Reality should read your garbage they will now know you have no biz bein a mod in this forum EVER!

curboys

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
:rolleyes:

Now if you want to dicuss whether or not the NBA is rigged, that's another matter entirely...
Yes, the refs are human and they can make bad calls. Albeit 1 or 2 bad calls would be acceptable in my mind, but not all game long. And it's not just the bad calls, it's also the TIMING of those bad calls. Most of them seem to come at crucial times in the ball game.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I've seen every super bowl the Steelers have been in save one (the Vikings game in 1974), and in every single one of them the officials have made a couple or three very poor calls in their favor

That's what some of the younger folks don't realize, there is a pattern of behavior here when the Stealers play in the Super Bowl- how can lightning keep striking over and over? Like you, I haven't seen IX (and I didn't watch XL but who needed to see it-it's all anybody is talking about- the poor officiating) but in all the others they have been in it's the same story. It is much more than a coincidence in my opinion. It may not be the league but somebody or something is getting to the refs.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Why don't both of you simply discuss the topic w/out the personal insults.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Your response was insulting so you deserved the insult you got back. And nowhere did you say you respected my opinion. I guess you can go back and edit your post so everyone will believe your lie is true.

BTW who made you mod in decidin who should post and who should not. What a wannabe mod. I am just glad that you put this up about who you think should leave the forum. Now if any of the mods or Reality should read your garbage they will now know you have no biz bein a mod in this forum EVER!

All right Wolverine, since you can not be civilized I will try to do it for the both of us.

You are right, I did not say I respected your opinion. I said you have a right to your opinion. My bad and apologies to you.

I did not say you should be banned that would be Modish. I said you should quit posting and by that I mean voluntarily.

Think about if you do not believe the NFL is legitimate why bother posting Dallas should do this or Mike Zimmer that. If it is rigged, this all a big waste of time. Why waste your time.

I really do not know why it is so offensive. It is like posting on the Santa Claus forum that Santa is not real.

Why waste your time is all I am saying. Sorry you got so offended. I will not hold my breath for a reasonable response from you, but if for some reason you do then cheers.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
All right Wolverine, since you can not be civilized I will try to do it for the both of us.

You are right, I did not say I respected your opinion. I said you have a right to your opinion. My bad and apologies to you.

I did not say you should be banned that would be Modish. I said you should quit posting and by that I mean voluntarily.

Think about if you do not believe the NFL is legitimate why bother posting Dallas should do this or Mike Zimmer that. If it is rigged, this all a big waste of time. Why waste your time.

I really do not know why it is so offensive. It is like posting on the Santa Claus forum that Santa is not real.

Why waste your time is all I am saying. Sorry you got so offended. I will not hold my breath for a reasonable response from you, but if for some reason you do then cheers.

Did I ever tell you to leave this forum cuz I disagree with you. No. Unlike you I am above that.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Did I ever tell you to leave this forum cuz I disagree with you. No. Unlike you I am above that.

It has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing. My point I will make one more time then drop it.

If I dont believe in UFOs, I am not going to spend my time on a forum dedicated to improving UFOs.

Again, I am just saying if you truly believe what you say would it not be a complete waste of time to debate what improvements Dallas should make when the league is fixed anyway.

You took this too personal. It was more of an observation than anything.

shnagy

Reaction score
gbrittain, I understand what you are saying, but telling someone that they should not post anymore because of their opinion would make someone take it personal. There are better ways of saying that you disagree with someone without totally blasting them.