Super Bowl entertainment should be super

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Oh, well, at least Romo and Company won't have to put up with 20th century acts like this year's . . . Tom Petty and the Hipbreakers? They'll be safely out of earshot in the lockerrooms.​

Gee, if they are pandering to the executives and geezeers in the stands, why not Englebert Humperdink or Wayne Newton?
Or we could have had the Fatboys. :D
But, noooo, the Super Bowl geniuses had to get a tired, '80s
act.
petty1.jpg

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Petty is great. Not springsteen great, but great no less.

I will gladly take petty over brittany and justin or whatever generic flavor of the day rapper they usually roll out there.

and petty hopefully will be singing our song at halftime while we hopefully have a lead!!! "you got lucky baby......"

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;1831902 said:
Petty is great. Not springsteen great, but great no less.

I will gladly take petty over brittany and justin or whatever generic flavor of the day rapper they usually roll out there.

and petty hopefully will be singing our song at halftime while we hopefully have a lead!!! "you got lucky baby......"

Johnny '79, love that song

Jay-D

Reaction score
If you don't like Tom Petty then you're not cool.

Pass it on.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I love Tom Petty as much as the next guy.

But not for superbowl entertainment.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Hes ok if a song comes on the radio, but I dont like him enough to sit through a concert. They could have done better.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Ashwynn;1831965 said:
Hes ok if a song comes on the radio, but I dont like him enough to sit through a concert. They could have done better.

It's not like he's doing 2 hours during halftime. :rolleyes:

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Not a Tom Petty fan, but I sure am glad it's not Carrie or Jessica.

You know what they should do for half time entertainment?

Instead of all of this music every year, (It's not like music is the only form of entertainment, they should have something real cool like an Evel Knievel type of motorcycle jump for a world record or maybe a David Copperfield deal where he makes Danny Snyder disappear.

Something real big like that. Just do something different than the last 40 whatever Super Bowls.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1831969 said:
Not a Tom Petty fan, but I sure am glad it's not Carrie or Jessica.

You know what they should do for half time entertainment?

Instead of all of this music every year, (It's not like music is the only form of entertainment, they should have something real cool like an Evel Knievel type of motorcycle jump for a world record or maybe a David Copperfield deal where he makes Danny Snyder disappear.

Something real big like that. Just do something different than the last 40 whatever Super Bowls.

Please don't write the league on this...

My luck they will get David Blaine to starve himself or something.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
smarta5150;1831970 said:
Please don't write the league on this...

My luck they will get David Blaine to starve himself or something.

I just want to see something different. Maybe have Dan Snyder parachute from a plane and see if the guy who packed his chute likes him. We could take bets...

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1831973 said:
I just want to see something different. Maybe have Dan Snyder parachute from a plane and see if the guy who packed his chute likes him. We could take bets...

medieval-times.jpg