Super Bowl entertainment should be super

kmp77

Reaction score
Who doesn't want to hear this after sacking Brady in the first half 3 times?!?!

"And Im free, free fallin
Yeah Im free, free fallin"

:laugh2: :laugh2:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
lane;1831984 said:
anybody that doesn't like tom petty are total losers.

what about the ones who barely know him?

tx78613

Reaction score
Tom Petty is good…no doubt but if they’re going to go with an 80’s band why not get a band that can bring down the house? I mean, which Tom Petty song can you think of that will bring some real excitement to the many generations in the stands and watching TV at home and around the globe for that matter? I can think of a band that is currently touring and selling out arenas left and right. None other than the great Van Halen. Now that would be an amazing half time show!

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
YoMick;1832182 said:
"You dont have to live......"

I am not a big Tom Petty fan... but he is good. First time I ever saw him was on MTV doing a duet with Stevie Nicks...

im going to call a bluff...MTV doesn't show anything that has to deal with music

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1831895 said:
Oh, well, at least Romo and Company won't have to put up with 20th century acts like this year's . . . Tom Petty and the Hipbreakers? They'll be safely out of earshot in the lockerrooms.​

Gee, if they are pandering to the executives and geezeers in the stands, why not Englebert Humperdink or Wayne Newton?
Or we could have had the Fatboys. :D
But, noooo, the Super Bowl geniuses had to get a tired, '80s
act.
petty1.jpg

Burn in Hell. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers are greatness. What is a beating is halftime shows period. I hate them. Talk football like they did during the regular season. Screw everything else. I hate it.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
tx78613;1832435 said:
Tom Petty is good…no doubt but if they’re going to go with an 80’s band why not get a band that can bring down the house? I mean, which Tom Petty song can you think of that will bring some real excitement to the many generations in the stands and watching TV at home and around the globe for that matter? I can think of a band that is currently touring and selling out arenas left and right. None other than the great Van Halen. Now that would be an amazing half time show!

that would be great. but the nfl would be terrified of VH.

Eddie is liable to smoke a cigarette and diamond dave is liable to take his shirt off, possibly use a swear word and maybe make a comment or two about some of the pretty ladies in the audience.

and just think what that would do to todays youth, let alone the instant destruction it would do to the families watching.

I mean it would cause chaos, it would tear down everything america is built around it would be a mess, raining cats and dogs you know...

:rolleyes:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
theebs;1832532 said:

Eddie is liable to smoke a cigarette and diamond dave is liable to take his shirt off, possibly use a swear word and maybe make a comment or two about some of the pretty ladies in the audience.

and just think what that would do to todays youth, let alone the instant destruction it would do to the families watching.

I mean it would cause chaos, it would tear down everything america is built around it would be a mess, raining cats and dogs you know...

I'm pretty sure Keith Richards had a cig hanging from his mouth when the Stones played a couple of years ago.

tx78613

Reaction score
theebs;1832532 said:

...and all while they're playing "Meanstreet." Sounds like a great half-time show!!!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1832593 said:
I'm pretty sure Keith Richards had a cig hanging from his mouth when the Stones played a couple of years ago.

and to think the youth is still ok.

although, I bet that cig really threw a few youths off the good track and down the path of satan?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
theebs;1832608 said:
and to think the youth is still ok.

although, I bet that cig really threw a few youths off the good track and down the path of satan?

Hopefully they saw it and thought I could end up looking like that if I smoke and threw them away. :laugh2:

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
I like Tom Petty, but with their reunion going on, I was kind of hoping for a Van Halen appearance at halftime.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
the kid 05;1832437 said:
im going to call a bluff...MTV doesn't show anything that has to deal with music

Yeah... thats something.... how it started and where it is now....

MTV plays a big part in the corruption of the younger generation... a portal for the thug culture

Money-wise = smart
people-wise = costly

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
CowboyJeff;1832612 said:
I like Tom Petty, but with their reunion going on, I was kind of hoping for a Van Halen appearance at halftime.

It's not a reunion unless Michael Anthony joins them again. :(