Super Bowl Opponents- What if they were different?

MrKennedyKennedy

Reaction score
If the Cowboys had gone up against different Super Bowl teams, would they have been closer or more lopsided?

For example:

What if the Boys faced Miami in SB XXVII?

Kansas City in SB XXVIII?

The Colts in SB XXX?

Or, going even farther back, what if they faced the Oilers in 1979, or the Raiders in Super Bowls V, X, and XII?

CowboyMark

Reaction score
Hell yeah. The cowboys, steelers, and raiders were the 3 most dominant teams of the 70's. The 3 most dominant teams were those teams. No other teams came close. But it's a case of "if". The same could be said about any team in any sport. I mean if the cowboys faced someone else other than the niners in the 81 title game the same could be said. But it's like I said it's a case of "if". We will never know.

Boysboy

Reaction score
MrKennedyKennedy;2284548 said:
If the Cowboys had gone up against different Super Bowl teams, would they have been closer or more lopsided?

For example:

What if the Boys faced Miami in SB XXVII?

Kansas City in SB XXVIII?

The Colts in SB XXX?

Or, going even farther back, what if they faced the Oilers in 1979, or the Raiders in Super Bowls V, X, and XII?

I think we would have handled the Colts easily. Yes, they were just INCHES away from advancing to the SB(on that hail mary pass at the end, that Colts coulda, woulda, shoulda caught it), but they were nothing more than a Cinderalla team that was playing over their heads. Pittsburgh, OTOH, gave us matchup problems.

I think we would have handled KC pretty easily too. Didn't want to face Buffalo b/c it would have been our 3rd meeting in 2 years, and you saw throughout most of the game they knew our schemes and player personnel alot better than the year before. With KC, outside of Montana, that team was somewhat lightweight.

I think we would have handled Miami as well-their D was pretty poor, and they didn't have a running game as well.